Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as Gruden talking to recruits. If he hasn't agreed to come here, I can't see him calling our recruits.

I am not positive, but I seem to recall that tOSU hired Urban and still had the previous regime in place. I believe Urban started recruiting, but the NCAA would not allow Fickell to recruit. I thought, at the time, it was a big advantage to have one staff recruiting and one coaching.

Reports? You mean people posting on this board?

Hells bells anyone can do that. Watch:

Per my sources Ghost of Neyland contacted me in a dream and said he has a 50/50 shot of coaching UT again.

Caught my ghost telling me the same thing on video. Confirmed

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
If Boro does have sources, and they tell him Gruden is unlikely or not gonna happen, you think he would still be posting everyday in the Gruden forum?

lets ask ourselves a real simple question....since solid sources are saying that Gruden is making calls to coaches and others about "joining him in Knoxville" ---

does it make a damn bit of sense that he would call and say... "hey ____ i am just thinking about coaching at UT. would you be interested in being on my staff ?"

how ridiculous would that be ?

its obvious......GRUDEN TO THE HILL !

99.7%

Exactly. Big Nothing Burger. All Gruden does is promote himself to get the publicity. Dude ain't coaching here ever.

If he has already signed an employment agreement he would also be able to talk with Cade. Remember Brady acted like he was out of the loop on recruiting.

Yes. If Gruden signed the MOU or MOA with UT, as some have speculated and he passed the recruiting test, Katy bar the door.

Trey Wallace‏
@TreyW_Radio
Following Following @TreyW_Radio
More
Gruden is investing some time into at least reaching out to a potential staff...I would as well, with that kind of money on the table. #Vols

Reactions: 6 people
As far as Gruden talking to recruits. If he hasn't agreed to come here, I can't see him calling our recruits.

I am not positive, but I seem to recall that tOSU hired Urban and still had the previous regime in place. I believe Urban started recruiting, but the NCAA would not allow Fickell to recruit. I thought, at the time, it was a big advantage to have one staff recruiting and one coaching.
OSU got a special waiver from the NCAA to allow Urban to recruit, even though he was calling college games for ESPN at the time.

I believe some of you are so enthralled with Gruden that you've thrown all logic out the window. As for the recruiting deal with Mays, it didn't happen. At least not in the context of, "I'm not currently a coach/employee, but hey, come play for me." If it did, you best believe the NCAA will be all over this, should they get wind of it.

It's amazing some of the fabrications that are dreamt up....

As for him contacting coaches, stop with the, "it's simple, he would call and say verbatim, I'm thinking about taking this TN job, do you want to come with me." Puhlease!!! Do y'all even have jobs, or even better, have you ever dealt with high dollar negotiations and contracts. This has gotten more ridiculous than the MOU discussion.
High horse much?

I believe some of you are so enthralled with Gruden that you've thrown all logic out the window. As for the recruiting deal with Mays, it didn't happen. At least not in the context of, "I'm not currently a coach/employee, but hey, come play for me." If it did, you best believe the NCAA will be all over this, should they get wind of it.

As for him contacting coaches, stop with the, "it's simple, he would call and say verbatim, I'm thinking about taking this TN job, do you want to come with me." Puhlease!!! Do y'all even have jobs, or even better, have you ever dealt with high dollar negotiations and contracts. This has gotten more ridiculous than the MOU discussion.

You told your 5 year old that Santa wasn't real. Didn't you?

I have absolutely had those conversations with people. The calling of coaches about potential interest is not far fetched. The MOU and contacting recruits is absurd.

Yes. If Gruden signed the MOU or MOA with UT, as some have speculated and he passed the recruiting test, Katy bar the door.

You are the only human alive that I have ever heard use that phrase other than my Grandmother and Mom.

I never understood it as a kid.

Who is this Katy and why is she barring the door?

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back