Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thought is this...Gruden KNOWS he could have a great staff...probably knows not too many people would turn him down...so why in the world would you call to check interest just in case you took the job. Imo you call because you know your taking the job
Yes. But it sounds like he wants to bring in VFLs for his staff.

Reactions: 2 people
tenor.gif

Reactions: 8 people
The more smoke and stuff that continues to come out around Gruden, none less than the actual silence from Currie and the Gruden camp on the subject itself, the one thing I can't really make sense of is the MNF trucks in Knoxville last week. That is still just so strange to me.

Reactions: 1 person
The more smoke and stuff that continues to come out around Gruden, none less than the actual silence from Currie and the Gruden camp on the subject itself, the one thing I can't really make sense of is the MNF trucks in Knoxville last week. That is still just so strange to me.

I think they just stopped for the night on the way to Charlotte.

It sure would give ol' Beav an out if another coach is named, though. "I was just pushing Gruden out there to take your eyes off of the real target."

Based on Beaver's profile and post history, I doubt he really cares if he's "outed"... He never posted before this coaching search. If something happens and he's proven wrong, he could just not come back and go about his life per usual. It's not like he had a well-known profile before all of this. If he ends up being wrong I doubt we ever hear from him again. If he wants to come back he could just create a new account.

It sure would give ol' Beav an out if another coach is named, though. "I was just pushing Gruden out there to take your eyes off of the real target."
That would be a terrible idea. Unless your purpose is to piss off the fan base and make the real hire seem very underwhelming, what would be the logic there?

His word is good enough for me

Oh, I agree. I was just making fun of all the people that were calling out posters the other night demanding all kinds of proof.

I give everybody the benefit of the doubt until they either

1) Say that Arkansas is hiring Gruden

or

2) Say that Gruden would never coach at UT

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back