Texas A&M/UT

secking

Smoke on A&M boards with James Franklin and Jimbo Fisher. They aren't playing around. Their best fit (IMO) is 3rd on the list in Chad Morris. Morris has done what no their coach before him has done at SMU, actually rebuilt the program since the death penalty.

Looking at UT list, Gruden (fans list, not media). Scott Frost (best fit IMO) and Dan Mullen.

All six have pros and cons and different degrees of probability, but would you switch lists with A&M?

Would you take Sumlin?

Also, lots of smoke of Gus to Arkansas, either by AU firing him or him leaving outright.

I just don't see Franklin leaving Penn State. They'll pay him pretty much whatever to keep him and I believe he's from around there as well.

Reactions: 8 people
I wouldn't want Sumlin at all.

Dan Mullen has done ALOT at State for what he has to work with. Just imagine if he had the facilities and $$$ at Tennessee

Reactions: 7 people
I just don't see Franklin leaving Penn State. They'll pay him pretty much whatever to keep him and I believe he's from around there as well.

Yes, from Philly, right down the road. Franklin has it made there and is "home"....not leaving........

Reactions: 3 people
Does smoke = fan forums? If so, VN has been on fire for at least 2 years.

Franklin, who is from PA isn't going anywhere. He's all set.

Reactions: 2 people
Smoke on A&M boards with James Franklin and Jimbo Fisher. They aren't playing around. Their best fit (IMO) is 3rd on the list in Chad Morris. Morris has done what no their coach before him has done at SMU, actually rebuilt the program since the death penalty.

Looking at UT list, Gruden (fans list, not media). Scott Frost (best fit IMO) and Dan Mullen.

All six have pros and cons and different degrees of probability, but would you switch lists with A&M?

Would you take Sumlin?

Also, lots of smoke of Gus to Arkansas, either by AU firing him or him leaving outright.

Fans don't make the decisions. Never have. Never will

Would you take Sumlin?

Frost is a Gator IMO.

Don't know why Fisher or Franklin would want to leave their spots to go to the west, and A&M at that.

No, I think UT has a better shot at landing its target, than A&M landed either of their top 2. I would take Mullen over Chad Morris and I think Mullen is farther down the list than 3rd if you consider Frost a legit option anyway.

No on Sumlin. Today

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, from Philly, right down the road. Franklin has it made there and is "home"....not leaving........

Philadelphia isn't just right down the road from State College. Pennsylvania is a huge state and the demographics and geography in State College are nothing like they are in Philadelphia. So no, he's not at home other than Penn being his home state

I'm so over it that Lane is even starting to look like an acceptable hire to me, and I never dreamed that I would even think that much less post it.

Frost and Mullen would both be intriguing options, but I don't know how they would work out either.

I wouldn't want Sumlin at all.

Dan Mullen has done ALOT at State for what he has to work with. Just imagine if he had the facilities and $$$ at Tennessee

I’ve been screaming this since the Georgia loss. Some brilliant minds on here though think 9 wins at Miss St is the same as 9 wins at UT

Franklin chasing his players down the field on Saturday to make sure they shook hands with their opponents tell me he's all in at PSU and ain't leaving. Prefect fit there I believe.

Reactions: 3 people
Do people not realize that Penn State is a great job? Why would Franklin ever leave for any other college job?

Florida State, too. If Jimbo Fisher is leaving, that should be an indicator that it’s not going very well. If you are considering Fisher, you should ask why he’s possibly leaving.

Franklin yes. Fisher....not sure how emotionally invested he is into his career with all the personal problems. I'd pass on him. Mullen would seem to be a fairly safe choice. Rather middle of the road. I'd really want Fuente first. After that, I'd roll the dice with Frost or Campbell.

NO on Sumlin.....No on Fisher....Franklin ain't leaving PSU...Frost is going home to Nebraska....

Mullen would be a BUST....you folks are just kidding yourselves about his success at MSU....he had 2 decent years 4 years ago....but NADA since...

Morris is a good coach....Matt Campbell is a good, young coach....

But UT's program has sunk so low that I believe that we NEED a man who has "...been there and done that!"

Gruden would be my first choice....

John Harbaugh....

Paul Chryst at Wisconsin....

I don't see either leaving. Both schools are capable of matching offers of A&M. Unless they throw a crazy figure out there, the top 5 coaches are out.

Just got a feeling Sexton is working on putting Sumlin at either TN or Mizzou. I am hoping Swain was referring to either Chris Petersen or Kyle Whittingham. If I would looking at from their perspective, I would take TN over TAMU. Don't gotta go through Bama to make it to the title game. Don't have to compete w/ TX, LSU and OU for recruits. I actually think our expectations are less as well. Most years we are good with 9-3.

Franklin chasing his players down the field on Saturday to make sure they shook hands with their opponents tell me he's all in at PSU and ain't leaving. Prefect fit there I believe.

That's a long way from when he was at Vandy screaming obscenities at Tennessee fans as he left the field or picking a fight with a UGA asst coach at midfield.

Couple that with his involvement in covering up the rape scandal at Vandy and he's the last guy I would want representing our University.

VN Store

Back