Why?

PureVol

Why can't we hire a good coach? I also follow Penn State and PSU went through some serious stuff and now ranked #2. What is up with us? I realize it is the coaching...but why hasn't that been resolved for 11 years? It just makes me very sad and embarrassed.

Reactions: 1 person
Why can't we hire a good coach? I also follow Penn State and PSU went through some serious stuff and now ranked #2. What is up with us? I realize it is the coaching...but why hasn't that been resolved for 11 years? It just makes me very sad and embarrassed.

As a fanbase would we have actually been happy going after Franklin?

Now we can say he is a heck of a chaoch.

As a fanbase would we have actually been happy going after Franklin?

Now we can say he is a heck of a chaoch.

Maybe not him specifically, but my point is that we need to go after a good coach. This is the University of Tennessee...why do we keep bringing in what we are?

This has been the pattern for a while now,

giphy.gif

Not only did Hamilton cheap out on the previous hires but it has since been revealed his Search Committees were of rather suspect credentials as well.

Attachments

• jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg
    jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 2 people
I know, but why? That's what I don't understand. It just doesn't make any sense.

"WHY?" is a rabbit hole that too many of us here on VN have already gone over and over too many times.

I'm more concerned with "HOW can this get fixed?" and "WHEN will it happen?"

Reactions: 1 person

A University just completing a sexual abuse scandel, hires a coach that was involved in the cover up of a student raped on campus by football players. Yeah, thats sure to end well.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Will they ever get an AD with the stones to tell Big Jim or others, I do the hiring and firing because it is my job not yours. Write your check out and make sure you spell the name correctly. All the crying and snot slinging they will do will be over come if you go make the proper hire and bring football back to Tennessee. They will still want to be part of a winning program.

Will they ever get an AD with the stones to tell Big Jim or others, I do the hiring and firing because it is my job not yours. Write your check out and make sure you spell the name correctly. All the crying and snot slinging they will do will be over come if you go make the proper hire and bring football back to Tennessee. They will still want to be part of a winning program.

Laughable

Another easy question.
Power brokers at UT don't know crap about how to hire a great coach for college football. Really sad and pathetic. BTW, their NFL prowess is pretty putrid as well. See Cleveland Browns 0-6 for the second straight year.:mf_surrender::vava:

"WHY?" is a rabbit hole that too many of us here on VN have already gone over and over too many times.

I'm more concerned with "HOW can this get fixed?" and "WHEN will it happen?"

The last time we won the SEC I was a middle aged man. Now I am drawling Social Security. I am running out of time to be patient anymore.:rock:

Reactions: 3 people

They had an assistant AD who was willing to try and go there. His name is Blackburn. Where is he these days I wonder?:mf_surrender::pirate:

What’s funny is that Cleveland really sucks
See any simalarities? If they make another underwhelming hire, which is likely. They can get used to fans wearing bags, and they may have to bring out the orange tarps to cover the upper deck.. The fans are fed up with them.. If Jones is still here for Southern Miss i'd say 70k at best show up..

You always roll the dice on "up and comers"...and we've missed 3x, though we have gone mid level up and comers. Problem with Dooley and Jones time frame was black clouds from ncaa and depleted talent and mojo. Say what u will about jones, but he has at least made the Vols job more appealing with clean program, good talent level, and showing I think, that we are on the edge of being back. Just need the right coach... And I think a higher level coach will see that all the ingredients to win are there. ..plus don under estimate the fact that we have our AD and chancellor situation much better.

VN Store

Back