'18 TN RB Master Teague

I can't understand why we don't have RBs lining up to play. We have so little depth and tons of playing time available

Yep...if we land a top flight back he'd have a great chance of splitting reps with Chandler next year (assuming Kelly goes pro).

I think a few pages back the VQ or 247 guys were kind of hinting that Teague's main hang up with TN was uncertainty on how much longer Butch will be around. Which didn't make much sense when we thought it was a UT/Auburn battle, but in the context of him looking for an OSU offer it makes a bit more sense.

I'd be shocked if they moved Gill to the slot. Granted, they are probably telling Teague to keep him interested, but I'd be very surprised if they actually moved Gill out wide.

Gill will play the position Curtis Samuel played. The "H" hybrid position. He is too small to play RB every down.

Samuel had roughly 800yds rushing and 800yds receiving last year.

I just don't get southern football players' interest in Ohio State. I think Ohio is a pretty ugly state. The weather is worse there than in any southern state. I think the girls, while not ugly across the board, aren't like SEC or PAC-12 girls. CUM is slimmy and pretty much everyone knows this. The program routinely gets cudgeled by southern football programs. The only things going for it is it's history, which many southern schools have similar or better histories, and that it is putting players in the NFL, which southern schools do equally well. So, what's the allure?

I get being interested in USCw, UCLA, Stanford, Arizona State, etc., but why OSU or Michigan when everything about those programs are equaled or surpassed by programs in our region?

Reactions: 3 people
So u have 50+ posts all seem to be in this thread or about Teague. Whats ur connection
I have known the Teague family for sometime now. My oldest son played ball Blackman and I attend church with them. I can say they are genuinely good people, great character high moral standards and very intelligent as both parents are Dr's. When they say it is still up in the air I truly believe it is. They do have things they like about the previous 3 offers listed as top choices. Proximity to home matters, men of character as coaches matter, programs with life development and focus on academics and personal accountability matter. I don't believe for one second that UT is seen as a mutt in this race. They have expressed to me that they knew which programs were genuine and which were not. I believe it will wash out in the end. I do think this offer was more about stock value than actually going there. I think based on his performance he was really not getting a fair eval... No way this young man is a 3 star... the 4.31 was not a fluke, his power and strength is not a fluke ...Running for 2k plus in 11 games in the toughest district in Tenn was not a fluke Being recognized as being a top back matters. Loyalty and support will mean something as the decision draws near.

Reactions: 8 people
Loyalty and support will mean something as the decision draws near.

In other words, whatever MT does, support him. IMO, he and his family have handled this the way it should be handled.

So for some of our less intelligent posters, don't be a Richard and say stupid sh!t about him..

Reactions: 8 people
I have known the Teague family for sometime now. My oldest son played ball Blackman and I attend church with them. I can say they are genuinely good people, great character high moral standards and very intelligent as both parents are Dr's. When they say it is still up in the air I truly believe it is. They do have things they like about the previous 3 offers listed as top choices. Proximity to home matters, men of character as coaches matter, programs with life development and focus on academics and personal accountability matter. I don't believe for one second that UT is seen as a mutt in this race. They have expressed to me that they knew which programs were genuine and which were not. I believe it will wash out in the end. I do think this offer was more about stock value than actually going there. I think based on his performance he was really not getting a fair eval... No way this young man is a 3 star... the 4.31 was not a fluke, his power and strength is not a fluke ...Running for 2k plus in 11 games in the toughest district in Tenn was not a fluke Being recognized as being a top back matters. Loyalty and support will mean something as the decision draws near.

thanks for sharing. Much of what you shared in your post about the family makes his decision (if the CBs are right & usually they are when there are so many of them) to go to Ohio State baffling, just baffling. Sometimes in state kids just don't want anything to do with TN for whatever reason. I wish the family well, in my opinion he was never coming here & was never sold on TN. Why, after naming a top 3 of AU, GA, & TN did he continue to do camps & solicit offers like Bama, Ohio State, seems like a read something about Clemson too?

Perhaps it is a respect or recognition issue with him and he feels he would get more of it playing for Bama or Ohio state vs. TN, AU or GA.

Time to move on, this one's in the Max Wray category-gone.

GO VOLS!!!

thanks for sharing. Much of what you shared in your post about the family makes his decision (if the CBs are right & usually they are when there are so many of them) to go to Ohio State baffling, just baffling. Sometimes in state kids just don't want anything to do with TN for whatever reason. I wish the family well, in my opinion he was never coming here & was never sold on TN. Why, after naming a top 3 of AU, GA, & TN did he continue to do camps & solicit offers like Bama, Ohio State, seems like a read something about Clemson too?

Perhaps it is a respect or recognition issue with him and he feels he would get more of it playing for Bama or Ohio state vs. TN, AU or GA.

Time to move on, this one's in the Max Wray category-gone.

GO VOLS!!!

IMO you are wrong and UT is very much in this now, and that is a credit to Butch and his staff for selling everything UT has to offer, because for a while I think UT was playing catchup to several schools. If UT can get him back one more time before his decision I think he chooses the Vols. It doesnt make sense to me to say move on after UT has positioned itself so well.

IMO you are wrong and UT is very much in this now, and that is a credit to Butch and his staff for selling everything UT has to offer, because for a while I think UT was playing catchup to several schools. If UT can get him back one more time before his decision I think he chooses the Vols. It doesnt make sense to me to say move on after UT has positioned itself so well.

we'll see...I'd love to be wrong on Teague. Sincerely, I would. Unfortunately I'm rarely wrong :)

GO VOLS!!!

Teague isn't happy with the 3 star label he's received and he's out to prove he's better than his eval. His consistent 4.31, strength measureables, and stats says he's better than what he's listed. There's no way that sites can keep him where he is now that Spring evals are almost over, with an ever growing offer list. He should get a bump during the season, but if he was gonna get a bump he'd already got it.

I'm going to wait until Tony Bologna says Teague told him during their Skype session before I react to the tOSU offer.

Reactions: 1 person
Teague and family have picked a date in June, didn't disclose the date. No further visits, sounds like a decision has been made.

AU, TN, GA are the three finalists IMO. With no date announced, I wonder if a video is being talked about. No turtles mentioned...
I don't think he is the video type but who knows...

Tiger, Vol, or Dawg?
June 17 Orange Carpet day commit?

He won't move up in the rankings until we get a chance to see him play live this fall and even then it's no given that it will happen.

-Woody Wommack

Teague must not have camped at Rivals this spring. Woody mad.

Reactions: 2 people
-Woody Wommack

Teague must not have camped at Rivals this spring. Woody mad.

Consistent 4.31 40s at multiple schools. Even if they are off, he is still a 4.4 guy minimum. Recruiting sites are as crooked as a country road.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back