'20 TN DE Dallas Walker (Texas A&M commit)

4_4985961.jpg

Dallas Walker

6'3" 235lbs., DE(strong-side), high school freshman,
Smyrna High School, Smyrna, TN,
40 yd dash- 4.80
Shuttle- 4.50
Bench Press- 180
Squat- 305
14 years of age
Class of 2020

Stats: Dallas Walker's (Smyrna, TN) Football Stats | MaxPreps

247 Sports

Hudl

Max Preps

Rivals

NCSA

UT offered on 12-6-16. We are the only school offer to date.

Last edited by a moderator:
6'3" 235 as a freshman? Wow. I am not disputing the vitals, I just think that's pretty amazing. I wonder how much bigger he will get.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow! They don't make freshmen like they used to! god to see we are ahead of the curve on him instead of letting every other big time school offer before we do on an instate prospect.

6'3" 235 as a freshman? Wow. I am not disputing the vitals, I just think that's pretty amazing. I wonder how much bigger he will get.

I've hear they have a strict weight training program going on at Smyrna High School. He probably won't get much bigger.

Maybe a little taller & a few lbs. but I'd say 6'4"-6'5" & 250lbs.-260lbs. is his ceiling for weight. Should be good & ready for DE when his time for college football arrives. Hopefully it's at UT & we are on him early too.

This kid will be elite. He works hard and has come into NPA and has jumped in and looks like a vet. Loves to hog reps and learn new stuff the sky is the limit for him because he already has the size and athleticism, but has to learn leverage, violent hands, and high motor on every rep or down

This kid will be elite. He works hard and has come into NPA and has jumped in and looks like a vet. Loves to hog reps and learn new stuff the sky is the limit for him because he already has the size and athleticism, but has to learn leverage, violent hands, and high motor on every rep or down

Got to see him Sunday at TSU, did not realize he was that young...kid is a natural, moves well, quick and very good feet.

Reactions: 2 people
"It came earlier than I thought it would," Walker said of the Vol offer. "I was at school one day and they said Tennessee wanted to offer me and wanted me to come down to some games so I was kind of surprised. It was nice because they are in state and I could be close to home and bring my family members to the games."

Walker has been to Rocky Top before and understands the opportunities that come with playing for the home-state school. He also loves the big-time feel that he gets in Knoxville. "I like the atmosphere," Walker said. "It's always hype and fun at the games. They make it like a really big deal and it was really nice up at Tennessee."

At 6-foot-3 and 235 pounds, Walker was a force on the defensive side for Smyrna last fall. He looks like a future defensive end, but he moves so well that some actually see him as a linebacker. He's fully confident in his ability and believes he brings several different intangibles to the table.

"To be honest I think I can play just about anything," Walker said. "I think I have a good mind for the game and a good heart. I love the game and I really enjoy playing it. It's my passion. It gave me some confidence, but I was just there to play because of my love for the sport."

"My mom and all my coaches won't allow me to get a big head about it," Walker said. "It's just my first year of high school and I have a long way to go. I'm just trying to stay humble and keep doing what I've been doing."

-VQ

Reactions: 6 people
The freshman defensive end from Smyrna (Tenn.) High School posted on his Twitter account that he’s “feeling UT already” following his visit last weekend for Tennessee’s first junior day of the year, and he said he’s high on the Vols for multiple reasons.

“I think it’s everybody’s personality — all the coaches, how they’re all nice and they’re determined to win. They want to be the best,” said Walker, who’s expected to be one of the top prospects from Tennessee in the 2020 class. And especially that it’s in-state. It’s, like, a two-hour drive from where I live, so it’s easy transportation back and forth. I think that’s one of the biggest factors.”

Walker visited the Vols for the first time Nov. 19 to attend their home finale last season against Missouri, and he said they made a good impression on him again while he was at last week’s junior day.

“Really, (I liked) just the environment, how they all want to come together as a family, and they’re trying to get another championship,” he said. “Just the way they approached us was really nice. It was just fun going to see around the whole school and trying on the jerseys and all that. They showed me a little more of the school, more parts. Today was just better than last time because I got to talk to everyone more. I got to talk to all the coaches, spend more time with them. And I got to come with some of my friends from (National Playmakers Academy), and we all just had a good time.”

“I got to talk to him a little bit,” Walker said of Hoke. “He said he’s only been here for a little while. He said he was trying to get to me. He was happy that I came. He wants me to come back in the spring.”

- 247 (Callahan)

He has offers from UT and Louisville, and he said that Vanderbilt and LSU have started to show interest in him.

Reactions: 5 people
The Vols have already made a strong impression on the 2020 defensive end prospect, with Walker saying that his first offer was “unexpected” but something he’ll “never forget.” “It was big,” Walker told Volquest at the National Playmakers Academy camp in Nashville last Sunday. “I’m just trying to stay humble.”

Walker, who also holds a scholarship from Louisville, visited Rocky Top a couple weeks ago during Tennessee’s first Junior Day, getting a chance to meet new defensive line coach Brady Hoke and tour the campus. He’d been to Knoxville one other time last fall, but this trip was different.

“It was great,” he said. “I like the drive that they have to get us to come to their school. The drive that they have to strive for excellence. They want to get a championship (with in-state kids). They put academics first, too.”

At just 14-years-old, Walker already stands 6-foot-3, 240-pounds. Doctors expect him to grow at least another three or four inches and weigh around 285 pounds, he said. While defensive end likely remains his ultimate position, Smyrna coaches are tinkering with the idea of playing Walker at linebacker next season. “There’s a little talk about moving me the middle linebacker (in 2017) because they want me to play in space,” he explained. “They said my footwork is good right now, but they want me to excel and get better at it.”

While it’s super early in Walker’s recruiting process, the Nashville native freely admits staying close to family will play a key factor in his decision. He liked Butch Jones’ message of keeping the best players at home, too. “It’s a big part of it,” he said. “I want to stay close to my family. They can easily come to my games or if I ever need to contact them or anything it’s just like a two-hour drive.”

-VQ

Walker says he wants to make a decision around the end of his junior season. He's also hearing regularly from LSU, MTSU, Vandy, FSU and Auburn.

-VQ

Walker says he wants to make a decision around the end of his junior season. He's also hearing regularly from LSU, MTSU, Vandy, FSU and Auburn.

Very good kid with a very bright future. He's open to all right now. He will likely be a top 100 guy by his Jr year with offers from everyone. Long ways to go to 20 but man our 2020 class at NPA will be elite

“I’ve heard a lot from Tennessee. Coach (Walt) Wells has been my our school and I’ve met the coaches when I’ve been up there to visit. I got a chance to talk to Coach Shoop when I was there for the junior day,” Walker said.

“I like the whole staff up there of the coaches I’ve gotten to meet. The energy with their staff really stands out to me. You can tell they really want to see their players succeed and that’s something I’m looking for.”

“This early in the process I want to focus on my academics, I want to make sure a school can offer me something on the academic side of things as well. I also want to see a good football program that wins with coaches that can teach me and develop me,” he said of his aims at this stage of the game.

Already pushing 240 pounds, Walker’s body seems to have him headed for the defensive line at the next level. For the moment though, it’s a testament to his athleticism that he’s making the move to linebacker for his high school team.

“This year I’ve switched to linebacker and I’m playing there mostly. I’m doing all the middle linebacker drills and working there. It’s been fun. It gives me a chance to be more athletic, let’s me see more of what’s going on and I think it will help me become more of a leader on the team,” Walker shared.

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
Very good kid with a very bright future. He's open to all right now. He will likely be a top 100 guy by his Jr year with offers from everyone. Long ways to go to 20 but man our 2020 class at NPA will be elite

Is it just me or does every class seem more talented than the one that preceded it? 2018 is loaded. Then I hear 2019 might be better. And now 2020?

State of Tennessee is about to become a football factory.

Is it just me or does every class seem more talented than the one that preceded it? 2018 is loaded. Then I hear 2019 might be better. And now 2020?

State of Tennessee is about to become a football factory.
And hopefully we can benefit from that.

VN Store

Back