*****Official NSD Thread 2017 updated as the commits come in

Sorry... but this class is a joke, there is no way a coach in his 5th year, should ever pull a class like this.. this is Tennessee, we expect the best outta our coaches, we should expect them to recruit the best players out there, this class is mostly project players, and lets face it, they aren't exactly the best at coaching them up...

You know how it is, you're only a tennessee fan if you pump sunshine and stay positive no matter what regardless of what's going on. If you accept reality then you're not a true fan. The class is Mediocre but I can't say I blame the highly rated kids they probably want to be developed properly

Yeah those guys like Smith, Ignot and Chandler?

LOL. OK. If I were a Bama fan I'd be a lot happier today. But you know I'll follow your narrative of "he say bad tings and me no like bad tings he must be Bammer".

I'll be back here next signing day for you to throw poop at as I talk about reality in your closed little sunshine bubble filled with Butch's hot air.

And if we have a top 5 class you'll be nowhere to be seen because you'd rather wallow in self misery.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah those guys like Smith, Ignot and Chandler?

We've got 5 players above a 3 star. That'd excite me tremendously if we were Vandy or Kentucky. If having just a few highly ranked guys makes you happy then you're easily satisfied just accept it for what it is a mediocre class with a few good looking prospects

Reactions: 2 people
The purpose is to win games. The coaches recruited these players to do that. How about welcoming the people that want to be here? Let's be loyal to UT instead of critizing everything. How about trying to be as good a fan as you want the coaches to be? Why get mad until there's something to get mad about? I really don't get the miserable future seeing people on here.

Reactions: 5 people
Negavols are loud and proud today. I'm sure everyone wishes the class could have been better, but why all the pouting and complaining? Isn't going to help anything

Reactions: 2 people
Sorry... but this class is a joke, there is no way a coach in his 5th year, should ever pull a class like this.. this is Tennessee, we expect the best outta our coaches, we should expect them to recruit the best players out there, this class is mostly project players, and lets face it, they aren't exactly the best at coaching them up...

Name this College Football Team

Coach: A coach that has a NC. Highly thought of with a record of 190-48. Known as one of the great coaches currently in CFB.

Team: Has made a trip to the CFP recently and his team was just on the outside of the CFP this last year.

Last 4 recruiting cycle rankings (per rivals):
2012: 11
2013: 15
2014: 15
2015: 14
2016: 16

Can you guess this team and coach?

My point is you can be part of the "elite" without elite recruiting. Recruiting is more about rank its about fitting holes in your depth, getting kids that fit your program, then developing them. Getting caught up on recruiting team rankings based off star evaluations is pointless.

Reactions: 1 person
The purpose is to win games. The coaches recruited these players to do that. How about welcoming the people that want to be here? Let's be loyal to UT instead of critizing everything. How about trying to be as good a fan as you want the coaches to be? Why get mad until there's something to get mad about? I really don't get the miserable future seeing people on here.

You must be new to volnation, you are being rational! The sky is falling, don't you know! Not one recruit has set foot on the field and all the negavols think the vol football world is coming to an end!

For me, I will wait until we play the games before wanting to jump off bridges!

:loco::thud:

Negavols are loud and proud today. I'm sure everyone wishes the class could have been better, but why all the pouting and complaining? Isn't going to help anything

Would you please stop being rational, this is volnation!
:)

All the positive spinning and sunshine pumping isn't either so why not let people say what they want?

Reactions: 3 people

Yeah they have had less fire power in the last few years. It's one class and it's not that bad. We and I mean all of us have no idea how these players will develop. I think I will wait and see before becoming all miserable.

Coach: A coach that has a NC. Highly thought of with a record of 190-48. Known as one of the great coaches currently in CFB.

Team: Has made a trip to the CFP recently and his team was just on the outside of the CFP this last year.

My point is you can be part of the "elite" without elite recruiting. Recruiting is more about rank its about fitting holes in your depth, getting kids that fit your program, then developing them. Getting caught up on recruiting team rankings based off star evaluations is pointless.

Oklahoma. The only difference is they play in a lesser conference, arguably the worst of the power 5, and it's how you compare to the teams you're recruiting against. The only teams that recruit that well in the Big12 are Oklahoma and Texas. Vols have to compete with some good recruiting grounds at Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, etc.

Good points. But I would be willing to bet that the grind his team went through wasn't the SEC and that he didn't have to play Bama on a yearly basis. That's my only pushback.

I see the point you are making though. Butch has to coach these kids up. I think there are some potential impact players on this team outside of those 4*s. The key is coaching them up, which lets be honest, is something that CBJ and co has failed to do for the most part in his tenure here. He gets the guys and he has a great "eye" for talent, but when it comes down to putting the product on the field, for whatever reason it hasn't been there.

Who am I excited about?

Offense: Obviously excited for Smith and Chandler, but Jordan Murphy's highlights show a lot of potential.

Defense: Bumphus, Ignont, Bennett, Labruzza, and Bailey

And glad Locklear's already on campus

I do think that our DB's will take a step forward next season with the coaching change. So I guess I'm more of a 55% negavol?

Last edited:
The problem that I have with all the negative posts is that it gets old reading them over and over and over and over. Many of the negative posts are regurgitations of stuff that has been beaten to death, yet more and more "realists" who are "calling it like I see it," come in here with this crap that they think is original, funny, or logical, and it is none of those. It is old, stupid and stale. Anyone can say what they want, but I will certainly respond to what I think is stupid or tired and state as such.

Reactions: 4 people
The problem that I have with all the negative posts is that it gets old reading them over and over and over and over. Many of the negative posts are regurgitations of stuff that has been beaten to death, yet more and more "realists" who are "calling it like I see it," come in here with this crap that they think is original, funny, or logical, and it is none of those. It is old, stupid and stale. Anyone can say what they want, but I will certainly respond to what I think is stupid or tired and state as such.

Discussing blowing the lead to the Sooners at home would be beating a dead horse. But dropping from the #9 to the #14 recruiting class on nsd is a pretty recent event. I think it's fair discussion game. Especially when Auburn, Arkansas, Florida, Miami, and even SCAR rose in ranking today. We went to the opposite way...

Discussing blowing the lead to the Sooners at home would be beating a dead horse. But dropping from the #9 to the #14 recruiting class on nsd is a pretty recent event. I think it's fair discussion game. Especially when Auburn, Arkansas, Florida, Miami, and even SCAR rose in ranking today. We went to the opposite way...

It wasn't really a surprise

You'd rather sit the bench at Bama rather than wear that Orange?

Yeah, its totally obvious you shouldn't be a Bama fan.

I don't think that's how that was phrased. I don't think I was asked where i'd rather play...

VN Store

Back