Dabo vs Butch

No i didnt, the original argument was that CBJ would win 10 games every year in the ACC, which there is nothing to indicate that is so. But i think Clemson would do very well in the SEC, the beat and were competitive with what is by far the best team in the SEC. But to be fair, they did get a scare from South Carolina at 56-7.
They would absolutely be competitive, but to imply that they'd somehow win it every year because Mason and McElwain are his opposing coaches is flawed.

How is that. The post im replying to is indicating that CDS wouldnt be able to be a successful coach in the SEC because Saban coaches in the league, which is simply wrong. As to your post, everyone has close games, good coaches figure out how to win them on a consistent basis.

He's only beat him once out of how many times? So you're saying if he was a coach in the SEC his wins would have gone up and not his losses?

Pour ya another.

They would absolutely be competitive, but to imply that they'd somehow win it every year because Mason and McElwain are his opposing coaches is flawed.

Not sure how you gathered that from anythinf i said, but keep running with it.

He's only beat him once out of how many times? So you're saying if he was a coach in the SEC his wins would have gone up and not his losses?

Pour ya another.

1 of 2, and no im not saying that, how dumb like it would just be those two playing each other. If they were in the sec he would do very well. Apparently we would beat Alabama one out of 2 times, which is much better than nearly everyone else in the SEC.

We can't even win the east. Forget saying Saban has everyone lapped. We can't even get past Mcelwain.

Butch can't win the east. Next please.

All coaches are judged accordingly. Every program has goals and standards they expect to meet, two different schools two different expectations. What do you think the expectations are for a coach like PJ at W Mich cause I promise you undefeated seasons aren't the standard set there. A program like Tennessee with the money that we have in facilities and the tradition more is expected. For instance Sabans talent pool at Alabama wasn't stocked before Saban, yeah its Alabama so talent was there. A coach like Saban went 7-6 first year at Alabama, second year 12 wins. That is coaching flat out coaching, hasn't been under 10 wins since. Great coaches can strategize and win that is the difference between great coaches and mediocre coaches. Just for the record I'm not comparing butch to saban, lets be real there is not much comparison there. Again not bashing Butch but just basing it on the stats.

missed the point brother...read his statement. It ONLY matters what teams you lose too...when you're suppose to win.

Metrics change...if you have an agenda...I get that, but for crying out loud....let's at least have a little intellectual honesty in these diatribes....otherwise it is 100% disingenuous to give one dude a break because, and only because, he isnt Butch Jones.

The SEC east is worse than the ACC.

yeah...totally....you're so spot on....Kentucky....yes, KENTUCKY...stymied, the Hiesman trophy winner, best player in the ACC and CFB.....as did LSU and their new coach!

At least Herman didn't blow that one...like he did against USM, Navy, Memphis and SDSU...oh, that's right, he quit before he could lose 4 this year.

It's an overall weak conference...UL played a weak schedule until the final 3 weeks and it showed.

SEC may not be much better this year....but

SMFH and LMFAO

Some of you are blinded by the disdane for Jones...I aint totally sure about the guy, but at least I can be honest when compariing him to various other "hot guys".

I cannot believe this thread comparing Butch and Dabo is still going. It's completely ridiculous. At the end of the day Dabo and Clemson, for the second year in a row played Bama for the title. This year they took the trophy home. Dabo joins a group of phenomenal coaches. Until Butch wins a National Championship, there is no comparison. Period, end of story. The argument that the ACC is so much weaker than the SEC(which I don't believe) doesn't matter. They lined up, two years in a row now, and gave Bama all they could handle. Sure, Spurrier had Dabo's number......it doesn't matter, Spurrier quit and Dabo continued on. Now Dabo is in the same company as that visor wearing Dbag. But who knows what the future will bring, one season Dabo wins it all and then another he might end up being a coordinator for a team, I don't know........like North Carolina for instance, and no one really remembers your accomplishment.

A graph of the first 4 years for each. Y-axis is winning percentage, x-axis shows years in program (starting 4 years before arrival).

Attachments

• butchvsdabo.JPG
    butchvsdabo.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 38
yeah...totally....you're so spot on....Kentucky....yes, KENTUCKY...stymied, the Hiesman trophy winner, best player in the ACC and CFB.....as did LSU and their new coach!

At least Herman didn't blow that one...like he did against USM, Navy, Memphis and SDSU...oh, that's right, he quit before he could lose 4 this year.

It's an overall weak conference...UL played a weak schedule until the final 3 weeks and it showed.

SMFH and LMFAO

Some of you are blinded by the disdane for Jones...I aint totally sure about the guy, but at least I can be honest when compariing him to various other "hot guys".

Stymied? Did you say UK "stymied" Lamar Jackson? The same Lamar Jackson that threw for 281 yards & 2 TDs, and ran for 171 yards & 2 TDs? He was indeed responsible for 4 TO's(which sealed the win for Kentucky), but to call 452 yards of total offense and 4 TDs stymied is a bit of a stretch. Now LSU..........they stymied Lamar Jackson. As a reminder, that overall weak conference went 10-4 vs the SEC this year.

Actually a majority of TN fans are in the wait and see mode with Butch. The negas are nothing more than a vocal and small minority.

Wait and see? He's had two seasons with the most talented and experienced team in a decade. What are you still looking for?

Reactions: 1 person
A graph of the first 4 years for each. Y-axis is winning percentage, x-axis shows years in program (starting 4 years before arrival).

First off, not sure what the years prior to their arrival have to do with anything. If they weren't there as head coach you can't hold either of them accountable. What Dooley did is what Dooley did. What Tommy Bowden did is what Tommy Bowden did. Second, your year 4 of Dabo is way off. He won 11 of 13 games giving him a winning % of 85% for that year. But you're probably counting his stint as interim HC as year 1, which I wouldn't consider year one, but whatever. I guess the silly comparisons will continue.

First off, not sure what the years prior to their arrival have to do with anything. If they weren't there as head coach you can't hold either of them accountable. What Dooley did is what Dooley did. What Tommy Bowden did is what Tommy Bowden did. Second, your year 4 of Dabo is way off. He won 11 of 13 games giving him a winning % of 85% for that year. But you're probably counting his stint as interim HC as year 1, which I wouldn't consider year one, but whatever. I guess the silly comparisons will continue.
Years prior to arrival add context. Cover them up with paper if you want.

SMFH and LMFAO

Nice rant. The ACC is 10-4 against the SEC this season, so theres that.

Wait and see? He's had two seasons with the most talented and experienced team in a decade. What are you still looking for?

They're waiting to see the next "only coach who would take this job" so they can declare him the savior. Until then, it's just them trying to convince themselves that the guy we have can do the job.

VN Store

Back