'17 MS RB Cam Akers (FSU commit 12/27)

never let myself get pulled in, nothing logically abt this recruitment ever really pointed to us besides hail mary thoughts

nothing new. plodding along.. can't even get anyone to provide a firm date. Be a lot of shocked people if not Blackburn and really not hearing anything that would point to something different..

So all this "get a search firm and find the right person" stuff is just a smokescreen to make it appear an actual search is going on? But really is just a waste of time because Blackburn is going to be the hire?

nothing new. plodding along.. can't even get anyone to provide a firm date. Be a lot of shocked people if not Blackburn and really not hearing anything that would point to something different..

Well, that's excellent news!

whew....I thought the fumble vs Florida would be the worst act that Jay had committed against the Big Orange

So all this "get a search firm and find the right person" stuff is just a smokescreen to make it appear an actual search is going on? But really is just a waste of time because Blackburn is going to be the hire?

Don't care as long as you get there. :gone:

I'm sorry. I couldn't hear you due to your lips being firmly planted to his azz.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Brice was asked about his "messy" comment on the Akers recruitment:

What was messy about the Akers deal?

Brice:

1. I did post maybe two hours ago somewhere, the Akers deal per UT folks "got messy" in regards to Mom wanting Tennessee, Dad seeming to prefer FSU and then others, like a trainer or someone similar, also involved. Just several folks, even at other SEC rivals, indicated it had the feel of an AAU hoops star's recruitment. Just many layers and levels. Recruiting, be it college prospects, free agents at the next level or agents trying to sign athletes in respective sports, work to form a relationship with the individual and then work through a person known as the "champion." With Akers, it was more difficult to know who the "champion" was, but clearly it was more dad and the other person than it was mom, who was fully UT. Ditto on Corker, actually.

Brice was asked about his "messy" comment on the Akers recruitment:

Brice:

Lynx - did anyone ever ask Brice at what point Cam Akers was considered a heavy Vol lean and why did govols247 wait til after he chose fsu before letting us in on it?

Lynx - did anyone ever ask Brice at what point Cam Akers was considered a heavy Vol lean and why did govols247 wait til after he chose fsu before letting us in on it?

He touched on it. This was Brice's response when asked about why he noted Akers and Corker as "heavy Vol leans."

I posted late Monday night that I'd spoken with UT folks who felt good about Akers and then spoke still with more even after that post who felt the same. I had said all along UT would be in it with Akers till the end. I never had UT the favorite but on Monday night, I know UT folks were very cautiously optimistic --- again b/c they knew they had the mom.

VN Store

Back