Top active college basketball coaches

Nolan's very athletic. He is just trying to get used to playing the point. It also doesn't help he got hurt in the Virginia game. That hurt is playing time.

And I guess there is no reason to defend my Dukies, Volfanbill is on point.

Also, K has already offered Boynton, Favors, McDonald and is considering offering Terrell Vinson for 09.

All are 5* players and all are black. Even though color doesn't really matter, it does throw that idiotic whitewash statement out the window.

Also, K has already offered Boynton, Favors, McDonald and is considering offering Terrell Vinson for 09.

All are 5* players and all are black. Even though color doesn't really matter, it does throw that idiotic whitewash statement out the window.

racist:p

I don't see why you even hint at it. Acting like the stiff unathletic guys are something new to Duke is absurd, it's what K has built his program around. He's never built his team around the AND1 style of offense or anything close to it. Battier and Langdon weren't exactly great athletic guys. Obviously, Hurley, Laettner, Collins, Wojo, Capel, Boozer, Dunleavy, Melch, Randolph, Sanders, Horvath, James, McLeod, Chappel, Parks, Newton and Burgess don't scream athletic AND1 players either.
I'm sure all the guys getting dunked on nightly by Carlos Boozer will be surprised to learn he's not athletic.

I'm sure all the guys getting dunked on nightly by Carlos Boozer will be surprised to learn he's not athletic.

my point was just that he's marginally more athletic than the typical Duke player. To call the current crop (outside paulus who I can't stand) of Duke players unathletic is asinine.

You are bashing Coach K for putting a team on the floor that has Top 10 talent, in order to try to prove he is not a good recruiter?

Hill
Laettner
Hurley
Ferry
Boozer
Brand
Williams
Avery
Battier
Maggette
Deng
Duhon
Redick
S. Williams

You are correct, Coach K is not a good recruiter. He is a great recruiter.

At certain universities you dont have to recruit as much because of the name of the school , I think duke is one of those few . TN and MEM are trying to get into that position , but it will take along time imo .

At certain universities you dont have to recruit as much because of the name of the school , I think duke is one of those few . TN and MEM are trying to get into that position , but it will take along time imo .

granted Duke was a good program before, but it had been in decline and K got them to where they are now. If it weren't him, Duke would not be one of those schools you don't have to recruit as much because of the name.

Also, see how hard Billy G had to work to get Patterson. He freaking made out his entire schedule while he would be at UK. According to Patterson, that impressed him more than anything any other coach did. I think the don't have to recruit because of the name is Garbage.

Coach K took over a basketball program with decent tradition and history. Nothing spectacular. Also, aside from the run in 1978, they were not exactly thriving (1 Conference Championship in 15 years when K took over.)

He also stepped in and had to compete immediately with Dean Smith to land recruits.

Duke is one of those schools that now recruits for itself because of Coach K.

my point was just that he's marginally more athletic than the typical Duke player. To call the current crop (outside paulus who I can't stand) of Duke players unathletic is asinine.
Boozer is considerably more athletic than the typical player in anyone's program. That's why he's a top notch NBA player.

Right...32 and 4 screams "not good". You, sir, are an idiot. Continue to post about this, I am out.

My mother thinks I'm exceptionally smart.

I stand corrected on this. They were only "not good" 3 out of the 4 wojo years.

Me and one of my buddies from high school used to watch Duke games just so we could laugh at wojo and how terrible he was (and it was high comedy...that guy couldn't hit a jumpshot to save himself). So then a couple years back I had a roommate who went to Duke and is a huge b-ball fan. At some point the subject of wojo came up, and I just laughed and said something about how comically bad wojo was. My roommate got pissed off. It was funny. I'm still friends with the old roommate, but that's one subject I won't bring up with him.

Any statement about a whitewash was most decidedly *not* idiotic. I saw it once myself, and I only saw limited portions of a couple games. I'm sure you saw the whitewash quite a bit.

being a good passer as a big man does not make one athletic. McRob is so athletic he couldn't post up on 5'10 me. Please. As for not good with Wojo, that's just laughable. Singler and Scheyer are no less athletic than Dunleavy, Redick and Laettner.

my point was just that he's marginally more athletic than the typical Duke player. To call the current crop (outside paulus who I can't stand) of Duke players unathletic is asinine. .

1. McRoberts is very athletic.
2. Not asinine at all. Paulus -- not a good athlete. Scheyer -- not a good athlete. Singler -- not a good athlete. Zoubek -- not a good athlete (and, in fact, runs like a girl). I do believe I just listed a substantial portion of the current crop.

I'd love to know what makes you sick.

ratface.jpg

jj_redick1.jpg

or possibly he is just a Duke hater....

Actually, not really. Read the whole thread. Also note that I've given props to many white players from Duke throughout the thread. Again, you are invited to read all of this.

And one doesn't have to be a Duke hater to make general observations about their lack of athleticism, their whiteness, or their recent inability to advance past the round of 32 -- all are quite conspicuous.

The JJ Redick comment wasn't directed at me, but I'll chime in anyway for consolidation purposes: I actually like JJ Redick. I respect a guy that has enough sack to pull up for a trey on a 4-on-1 break.

VN Store

Back