Battle at Bristol Rings

VolnJC

Know some of you hate the idea...but hey it might be a once in a lifetime event

CsKawnBWAAAJJyv.png

Reactions: 6 people
If you have a problem with a momento for players that were in a once in a lifetime situation, you might suck at life.

Reactions: 48 people
I'm sorry I'm on fence. I agree once in a lifetime memento. However I hate being called Champions for a single regular season game. I'd much rather instead of rings every player get a small replica of the major trophy we got for the game as a team.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sorry I'm on fence. I agree once in a lifetime memento. However I hate being called Champions for a single regular season game. I'd much rather instead of rings every player get a small replica of the major trophy we got for the game as a team.

Well, you're not a champion. Unless you're on the team and I missed it.

Reactions: 13 people
I was wondering what Butch was wearing in the post game. It's pretty cool.

After all the crap we got for the players celebrating in confetti and holding up the trophy, I hope they turn the hate to focus.

Like we're the first and only team to get mementos for winning a conference v conference challenge. Usually they're in week one, but it's not rare.

I can honestly see both sides of the debate but I don't think these kids think they won the NC by beating VT. Let them enjoy it and move on.

I can honestly see both sides of the debate but I don't think these kids think they won the NC by beating VT. Let them enjoy it and move on.

Zactly. It was a record smashing meaningful game, nothing else. Congrats to the boys and move on to Ohio.

Screw the haters who never won shlt in life.

Reactions: 3 people
Well, you're not a champion. Unless you're on the team and I missed it.

Lol Again I'm all for the players getting a keepsake. I just think champions for a one time game not following a conference slate or similar is odd. So yes you can substitute my use of we and replace with the word they. I understand I'm not making a tackle or blocking. Ha:hi:

I have no problem with it. If it was Vandy we would all be ripping them for it, even if we thought it was a neat thing.

I have no problem with it. If it was Vandy we would all be ripping them for it, even if we thought it was a neat thing.

:eek:lol: That's cause Vandy would have embarrassed themselves. See, we don't even need a reason. ;-)

I get that. why the is there any need for a ring? For what. we are moral victory u i think sometimes.

Dude.... It's a once in a lifetime event. It's just a little momento for the players. VT got rings too. These guys don't get paid to put on this spectacle. Giving them a ring is the least they deserve.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol Again I'm all for the players getting a keepsake. I just think champions for a one time game not following a conference slate or similar is odd. So yes you can substitute my use of we and replace with the word they. I understand I'm not making a tackle or blocking. Ha:hi:
Just messing with ya. :)

Torn on this one:

-- The parent in me says it's awesome that these young men have a memento acknowledging their part in an historic event.

-- The cynic in me wonders how many of these we're going to see on e-bay in the next five to ten years.

-- The Tennessee Volunteer in me recognizes the significance of the B@B to college football, and appreciates that the more physical reminders we have of this contest, solidifying history in something tangible and lasting, something people can hold and touch and share, the better off we all are.

So I guess I'm not all that torn after all. The rings are a good thing. Glad our lads got them.

Go Vols!

Still can't believe this is an actual debate. There are probably 25 regular season trophy games played every single year.

VN Store

Back