'19 JUCO WR Javonta Payton (Tennessee commit)

I mean you dont even have to try that hard at alot of these schools to graduate. Esp public schools. I know first hand. Its sad bc i wanna see these kids make the best of themselves.

I mean you dont even have to try that hard at alot of these schools to graduate. Esp public schools. I know first hand. Its sad bc i wanna see these kids make the best of themselves.

No child left behind and what not. Not to mention schools lose money when kids don't graduate.

Academics make it unlikely that Payton signs with Tenn

Totally not true. Kid scored a 27 on the ACT & had some personal issues early in his HS career..

I'd suggest from now on not starting these rumors about a young man unless you know for a fact.. Your source wasn't right with this one.

Kid will be close but should qualify. He knows what's at stake.

Too many times people make statements without knowing much about what some of these kids go through in their personal lives that can affect them throughout all aspects of life.

Reactions: 14 people
Totally not true. Kid scored a 27 on the ACT & had some personal issues early in his HS career..

I'd suggest from now on not starting these rumors about a young man unless you know for a fact.. Your source wasn't right with this one.

Too many times people make statements without knowing much about what some of these kids go through in their personal lives that can affect them throughout all aspects of life.

/hammertime gif

With all due respect, sir, the poster is not too far off base when you make the statement that he will be close but should qualify. Sounds like academics might be a concern, but it won't be if he takes care of business...based on his ACT score, that shouldn't be a problem as long as he continues to apply himself. Good luck, kid. Hope to see you in Orange, if that's the place you want to be.

With all due respect, sir, the poster is not too far off base when you make the statement that he will be close but should qualify. Sounds like academics might be a concern, but it won't be if he takes care of business...based on his ACT score, that shouldn't be a problem as long as he continues to apply himself. Good luck, kid. Hope to see you in Orange, if that's the place you want to be.

Yes but to suggest the young man is going to flat out not qualify is jumping the gun quite a tad bit. He is about to enroll in online classes to replace some of those not so good core classes before 10 of the 16 lock beginning in the fall..

To me as a coach who sees the young man daily, it's not becoming to his character and gives a false image that doesn't need to be out there imo. Kid is only 17, let us not judge them too young as they still are children & will make mistakes. The question is will they grow and learn from them..

Reactions: 6 people
Yes but to suggest the young man is going to flat out not qualify is jumping the gun quite a tad bit. He is about to enroll in online classes to replace some of those not so good core classes before 10 of the 16 lock beginning in the fall..

To me as a coach who sees the young man daily, it's not becoming to his character and gives a false image that doesn't need to be out there imo. Kid is only 17, let us not judge them too young as they still are children & will make mistakes. The question is will they grow and learn from them..

Absolutely. As I said, good luck to him. Hope he gets it done off and on the field.

Reactions: 1 person

Too many young men don't have strong leaders and role models. It sounds like he does. Good. With a 27 he's clearly bright, just needs a boot up his tail, and I trust you are helping in that regard. My moment of truth came in the Army, and I owe a very good life to that. I hope it works out for Javonta, regardless of where he ends up.

Hopefully he can do the things he needs to in order to qualify. He might be a take if Holloman commits to Georgia.

Payton will be part of this class. Very good player. Fast and athletic and has great body control.

How come he's not rated

I'm not saying the kid is any good. I just don't know.

But to answer your question directly, it is possible he hasn't done the things that get a player rated.

Some don't have the time or money to go to camps.

Some don't have a father like Bryce Brown who markets them.

Sometimes a WR doesn't have a QB who can get him the ball.

Sometimes a HS coach likes to run the ball. Heath Shuler could have started for any HS in the state of NC his Sophomore year and thrown for state records. But his HS coach was a run-oriented coach. It took time for him to open up the O.

There are lots of reasons a kid may not be rated or ranked highly that have nothing to do with their ability.

he was rated an 88 by 247. Alot of the connected ppl in tn have said this kid is the most explosive or one of the most explosive athletes in the mid state.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not saying the kid is any good. I just don't know.

But to answer your question directly, it is possible he hasn't done the things that get a player rated.

Some don't have the time or money to go to camps.

Some don't have a father like Bryce Brown who markets them.

Sometimes a WR doesn't have a QB who can get him the ball.

Sometimes a HS coach likes to run the ball. Heath Shuler could have started for any HS in the state of NC his Sophomore year and thrown for state records. But his HS coach was a run-oriented coach. It took time for him to open up the O.

There are lots of reasons a kid may not be rated or ranked highly that have nothing to do with their ability.

Yep. We need to get him.

If not... a school like Mizzou will get him and he'll be ALL SEC!

Kid looks smooth and showed out at the Midstate Camp over the weekend. Might be a solid back-up to Holloman if we miss there.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back