'17 NJ DT Fred Hansard

Good Lawd that's a big'un.

8a5ca50b-62d8-44ba-820d-066aa93221d7_text.gif

Reactions: 8 people
Literally a heat seeking missile after the ball. He looks fantastic on tape. I hope we get this guy, his stock is gonna sky rocket

Reactions: 1 person
Want on name alone.

Sounds like a blue-collar guy. A guy that's been working at an automotive factory for 30 years. Tinkers on his mowers in his garage on the weekends. Works hard, and washes down a tough day with a nice cold Busch beer. He may be losing a little hair, but that's okay. He and his wife, Carol, have stuck it out for the last few decades; she's not going anywhere. His jeans are scuffed, and his truck has hauled more loads than Sisyphus. The dog's getting old. Duke doesn't get around quite like he used to, but he still minds and comes when he's called. Fred's content in his home, a three-bedroom split-level with a lawn he tries to keep green and hedges he tries to keep trimmed. And now that the kids are gone with families of their own, there's a comfortable quiet in the evenings. Plenty of time to look back on a life that's been good to him. A life that hasn't left him wanting much or needing anything. A life with a good woman, a steady job, and some kids that still come around to visit every now and again. Those grandkids are something else, too. Yep, ol' Fred Hansard doesn't ask for too much. Just for the ol' Chevy to start again tomorrow. And maybe another cold Busch.

Want on name alone.

Sounds like a blue-collar guy. A guy that's been working at an automotive factory for 30 years. Tinkers on his mowers in his garage on the weekends. Works hard, and washes down a tough day with a nice cold Busch beer. He may be losing a little hair, but that's okay. He and his wife, Carol, have stuck it out for the last few decades; she's not going anywhere. His jeans are scuffed, and his truck has hauled more loads than Sisyphus. The dog's getting old. Duke doesn't get around quite like he used to, but he still minds and comes when he's called. Fred's content in his home, a three-bedroom split-level with a lawn he tries to keep green and hedges he tries to keep trimmed. And now that the kids are gone with families of their own, there's a comfortable quiet in the evenings. Plenty of time to look back on a life that's been good to him. A life that hasn't left him wanting much or needing anything. A life with a good woman, a steady job, and some kids that still come around to visit every now and again. Those grandkids are something else, too. Yep, ol' Fred Hansard doesn't ask for too much. Just for the ol' Chevy to start again tomorrow. And maybe another cold Busch.

This is likely the greatest post I've ever read on VolNation.

Want on name alone.

Amazing post, especially if read in Morgan Freeman's voice. :good!:

Reactions: 3 people
Want on name alone.

Post left a tear in my eye and a longing in my heart. A longing to be like Fred Hansard.

From this moment forward, in any situation that arises in my life, I will ask myself.......WWFD?

Thank you coach. Thank you.

Reactions: 1 person
I will leave that for vols30.

To be 314 he doesn't seem to have a lot of bad weight.

Have you seen his hudl? He moves like he is 50 lbs lighter! On the first play, he recovers a fumble for a TD from about 30 yards out. Outran the other teams backs! He moves like a DE, and on some plays is used there. Oh, I like what I see here. The force is strong with this one.

If this guy doesn't get a fifth star, then 5 stars mean nothing.

Reactions: 2 people
Want on name alone.

I feel like this should be a country ballad, a ballad that I want to listen to with all my heart, and I don't even like country music.

Edit: Come to think of it, The Ballad of Curtis Loew was running through my mind while reading it, and I think that's music we can all get behind.

Last edited:
I feel like this should be a country ballad, a ballad that I want to listen to with all my heart, and I don't even like country music.

Edit: Come to think of it, The Ballad of Curtis Loew was running through my mind while reading it, and I think that's music we can all get behind.

:good!:

VN Store

Back