If Butch were to get fired...

chattavol420

i think we'd be able to find plenty of coaches willing to step up to the plate. Coaches would look at the roster and think the stage is set to win. I don't think perception would be a huge issue as Butch leaving ultimately would settle the major institutional issue. I think Herman would need to be the first phone call (well that is after the customary Gruden call) lol

I don't believe Butch is going to get fired. I believe this will eventually blow over. Firing Butch is the last thing we want right now. We are on the verge of being great again. We don't want to have to start over at this point.

i think we'd be able to find plenty of coaches willing to step up to the plate. Coaches would look at the roster and think the stage is set to win. I don't think perception would be a huge issue as Butch leaving ultimately would settle the major institutional issue. I think Herman would need to be the first phone call (well that is after the customary Gruden call) lol

That's assuming the situation would be handled competently.

Reactions: 1 person

Why would you even start a stupid Thread like this? Freaking Amazing! Only TROLLS start crap like this!

Reactions: 14 people
Why would he get fired? Some of you need to stop freaking out. The whole lawsuit thing is nothing more than desperation for attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Why would he get fired? Some of you need to stop freaking out. The while lawsuit thing is nothing more than desperation for attention.

Please. The lawsuit is new, but these incidents aren't things we haven't heard about. We have a problem and we aren't dealing with it well.

Reactions: 4 people
I would personally want to burn down the AD. I don't want Butch going anywhere.

Obama will be impeached before Butch Jones gets fired. Totally stupid thread. Even if he did do what their saying (I don't believe it for a second) it would not be grounds for firing. Get a grip.

I know it's very early to be making these assumptions but you all have to realize that if this is true at all about BJ doing anything to tamper/hide the truth, he'll be history.

I don't believe Butch is going to get fired. I believe this will eventually blow over. Firing Butch is the last thing we want right now. We are on the verge of being great again. We don't want to have to start over at this point.

No vol fan in their right mind would want to part with Butch at this point. He's an amazing recruiter and the players love him. He's also dedicated his all for tn during some turbulent times. We should definitely be supportive of him as fans. But ultimately, if the media goes lynch mob after him, it's possible he could be let go. Anything is possible. But it'd take a massive amount of negative publicity and a lot of additional missteps would have to be uncovered

OMG people...you're showing pure ignorance!!!! Butch isn't going to get fired!!! You're absolutely panicking over he said/she said accusations and instinctively ASSUMING it's all true! You're buying everything the media and this group of accusers are selling! ENOUGH already!!

Last edited:

lol..wtf..u have an agenda for sure.

Why would he get fired? Some of you need to stop freaking out. The while lawsuit thing is nothing more than desperation for attention.

UT filed a motion yesterday to get the Manning incident out of this. UT had a press conference yesterday which had a positive impact.

This is the reaction - the trouble is that this contains a contradiction to what is in the criminal case.

UT has to be very careful with this and make sure they have the facts and react only to the facts and not allegations that have not been proven. You can't fire someone without cause.

VN Store

Back