'16 TN LB Daniel Bituli (UT commit 7/18/15)

If anyone happens to notice how Brant Lawless ('18 DT on Bituli's team) is doing, I'd be interested in an update. Hoping we can get in on him.

If anyone happens to notice how Brant Lawless ('18 DT on Bituli's team) is doing, I'd be interested in an update. Hoping we can get in on him.

In the game I watched them play this year I thought he was the best player on the field that night.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Months ago de1 said he didn't dominate and I asked him to watch film after his senior year. I wonder what he thinks of him now? Anybody know how to get him to give us his second opinion?

Reactions: 2 people
Months ago de1 said he didn't dominate and I asked him to watch film after his senior year. I wonder what he thinks of him now? Anybody know how to get him to give us his second opinion?

de1 came in here at some point in the season and did say that he thought Bituli looks a lot better.

de1 came in here at some point in the season and did say that he thought Bituli looks a lot better.

Great to hear. I Re-read my post and it sounded a little jerkish. I didn't intend it to be. I genuinely wondered if he changed his mind,

I saw a more recent game and he looked much better. The thing is the team got much better once Brothers took Bituli away from playing rb. The way their team is set up he has an easy task at MLB. They have #55 and Lawless that blow up the middle of opposing offenses and then all Bituli is free to run in and make the play if they haven't already. I agree with GFW though I really don't see him playing MLB for UT and will likely be a DE.

I saw a more recent game and he looked much better. The thing is the team got much better once Brothers took Bituli away from playing rb. The way their team is set up he has an easy task at MLB. They have #55 and Lawless that blow up the middle of opposing offenses and then all Bituli is free to run in and make the play if they haven't already. I agree with GFW though I really don't see him playing MLB for UT and will likely be a DE.

I am no expert, but after watching his Hudl highlights, he just seems to be a player. I think he is going to make losing JRM (graduation) a little more palatable.

I am no expert, but after watching his Hudl highlights, he just seems to be a player. I think he is going to make losing JRM (graduation) a little more palatable.

Bituli is definitely an elite HS football player & I believe he will be a good football player for the Vols. But I don't know if Bituli's future at Tennessee will relate much with JRM's career/future. It is looking more and more like Bituli will be playing DE at UT. He played his senior HS season at 6-foot-3 & 230 pounds. He will most likely bulk up much bigger than that at UT and help on the DL. I believe JRM played at about 6-foot-0 & 190 pounds in HS & was recruited as a FS. He bulked up to about 225 pounds now and is a stud at LB, although he is considered undersized.

With all that being said, I don't think Bituli will play LB at UT & if he does I don't believe he will be ready to play in time to help with the departure of JRM. JMO.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back