Dormady

so in a nutshell how has Dormandy looked? Im listening to the game on the radio and they seem to think he is pretty good.

No doubt, we will need Dobbs and Dormandy during the season. It is difficult for a QB to go injury free during the season.

Reactions: 2 people
QD was throwing on time and accurately, but as any true freshman, he had some miss reads. I saw what I wanted to see, which was him showing he can lead a receiver and throw with good accuracy.
JJ struggled with reads, was throwing way late and off target, but he is a freshman and deserves the time to learn and grow. He was strong win running the ball. Overall QD showed that thru early spring he is the true backup.
Dobbs was confident and steady, which is what you want in your starter, and he performed as a starter.

Reactions: 3 people
For a Senior in high school, he's got a very bright future. Jones, QD, and Gaurantano will be a blast to watch.

Reactions: 4 people
Learn how to spell the kids name people. There is no N. DORMADY. If anyone gets his name right it should be his own fanbase.

Reactions: 6 people
I thought both JD and QD looked really good today, capping both having a very good spring -- Josh from the very first practice, Quentin after a week or so of adjusting.

In fact, Dormady has become so dependable over the past few weeks that I am no longer cringing at the thought of Josh missing part of a game because of a stinger or the like. Quentin would be drinking from a fire hose, for sure, with SEC game day speed all around him, but I no longer worry that he'd be totally overwhelmed.

Don't get me wrong, we still need Josh to stay healthy. Just feeling better now about seeing Quentin come in for mop up duty and if Josh ever needs a breather.

[plus we have yet to see SJ!]

p.s. Never saw Devin Smith get a series today. Thought he might because of how well he seemed to be doing in the practices ... did I miss it?

I value your opinion on football matters. :good!:

Look for a thread devoted to the power read and the changes in our offense since Dobbs became the starter later tonight. I just need to down a few more Mexican beers and break down a bit more film.

Reactions: 2 people
This guy has it. He at no time looked like a deer in the head lights. He made some good throws and made good decisions. No wonder Lane Kiffin wanted him. Man we got some talent!

Reactions: 1 person
Dormady looks good, he still needs to work on execution though. He pretty much threw an interception today it just wasn't caught. He threw it right at the orange guy. I guess him taking no hits and taking second reps behind Dobbs makes him prime candidate for backup QB?

Last edited:
Dormady looks good, he still needs to work on execution though. He pretty much through an interception today it just wasn't caught. He threw it right at the orange guy. I guess him taking no hits and taking second reps behind Dobbs makes him prime candidate for backup QB?

It's hard to understand how you obviously can't see his arm talent. Amazing what you saw verses the rest of us.

Dormady seems to have great touch and a very good arm for a frosh, I was impressed with his play today.
Go Vol's

Dormady looks good, he still needs to work on execution though. He pretty much through an interception today it just wasn't caught. He threw it right at the orange guy. I guess him taking no hits and taking second reps behind Dobbs makes him prime candidate for backup QB?

He "through" an interception? How bout I throw you a dictionary

Reactions: 19 people

VN Store

Back