Coaching Search Thread

Rick Byrd is the right person at this time. I believe he will do a good job and provide us time to hire a new AD. Other possible cannidate that runs clean program - Jerry Green. To continue on Hart's breaking of the women's department and sticking it to them - Tyler Summit or Geno Auriemma. Either one would piss off the "Lady Vols".

Jeff Goodman thinks we should hire Pitino.

I hope we don't hire him. I don't get the love. What has he done? At least there are other candidates we're considering who have shown to noticeably improve the program since stepping foot on campus. Minnesota is treading water, at best.

outside the box choices:

1)
Rick Byrd with an understanding that it is for 3-5 years to allow time to heal wombs. Reports of the big donors not wanting Bruce are completely false. After 3-5 years the timing will be correct for a homecoming

2)
Anthony Grant
The man can coach and Bama was the problem. Watch nc state for my rebuttal to the laughter tonight.

Sorry I have not looked at all 15 past pages but here goes.....

Did you hear Alabama was going after Greg Marshall and going to throw big bucks after him? Reason is things are changing in future with SEC network and big conferences.

We need to think bigger....can't settle anymore. Need to compete at a higher level. Mens BB is second highest revenue producer and we need to address the coaching situation this same way.

We need to look at "A" list coaches....not b&c lists as in the past....or we will be doing this again in 3 years.....

Invest in the future now....go big or go home....stop thinking "stop gap" and start thinking dynasty building. We have the facilities......we need coach and players....we have shown the support can be outstanding.......

Extensions don't mean they can't get out. It's not like every hire is a guy who's in the last year of his contract. Good coaches never get to the last year of a contract.

Just make Al Pinkins the coach. Sorry for my reading comprehension.

Last edited:
Oops nevermind on Prohm...

I want Mack, but think we end up getting Will Wade.

Rick Barnes would be a homerun, IMO. He's on a short leash at Texas right now and would probably be fine with moving on. He's the classic example of staying in one place too long. He's a hell of a coach and a good recruiter too. His Texas teams always fare well in the tourney.

But we need a coach now not towards the end of his contract. He could get out but that's buyout money plus a bigger salary. Also him signing an extension and what he has going if he waits and keeps doing that then a bigger school than TN might come calling.

Did you read what you quoted?

VN Store

Back