Is Donnie better than Bruce?

Nope but he is already better than CCM. At least DT will call a play that actually looks like a play and he knows what timeouts are for and when to use them. I think Martin took about 30 timeouts with him to Cal.

That's not saying much

Pearl was a hell of a coach for us, but, he coaches at another school now. CDT appears to be a hell of a coach and I certainly have been impressed with his coaching considering how he was able to assemble a team on such short amount of time and even more so to make it competitive. GBO

Crazy I know but I am extremely impressed with this guy. He is working with very little talent and is winning big games. Bruce had a lot of talent his first year if I remember correctly so I pose this question: Is Donnie a better basketball coach than Pearl? Pearl is struggling with lesser talent at Auburn right now and donnie isn't excelling but man is he doing a damn good job. Just wondering what everyone thinks of this.

Will need to see how CDT looks in body paint before any decision can be made.

No homo.

Reactions: 1 person
Let me know when Donnie the great gets us to the round of 8 or a number 1 ranking. Right now he has some of you guys sold, but until he starts recruiting someone besides less than mid major players, he hasn't done squat. Comparing resumes it's not even a fair fight.

Tyndall is a better X's and O's coach. Pearl is a better at marketing/motivating. But the latter he was slowly regressing each year at imo. The last couple of years it seemed like he had a hard time getting the players motivated. Pearl was a mastermind at scheduling the right teams to help him get in the tourney.

It is refreshing to see a coach on the sideline that actually makes in game adjustments. The thing about Tyndall is he has not lost to a bad team yet. I hate to beat a dead horse but CCM started out 8-7 with bad losses to Oakland, Austin Peay, and College of Charleston. CCM was an awful motivator and always had to use the fans or something negative to motivate his players.

I think we got a hell of a coach and for once I'm actually excited for every game! Bruce could sell you on the program like no other, but CDT isn't doing too shabby himself.

Donnie Tyndall truly has a "tougher breed" with this group of players.

Tyndall is a better X's and O's coach. Pearl is a better at marketing/motivating. But the latter he was slowly regressing each year at imo. The last couple of years it seemed like he had a hard time getting the players motivated. Pearl was a mastermind at scheduling the right teams to help him get in the tourney.

It is refreshing to see a coach on the sideline that actually makes in game adjustments. The thing about Tyndall is he has not lost to a bad team yet. I hate to beat a dead horse but CCM started out 8-7 with bad losses to Oakland, Austin Peay, and College of Charleston. CCM was an awful motivator and always had to use the fans or something negative to motivate his players.

I think we got a hell of a coach and for once I'm actually excited for every game! Bruce could sell you on the program like no other, but CDT isn't doing too shabby himself.

Donnie Tyndall truly has a "tougher breed" with this group of players.

U do know that Bruce's second to last yr was the elite eight team? That being said, Im very excited about CDT and I feel he is a better X and O guy than either Pearl or Martin. He has to prove that he can build and run a program like Pearl but I feel that he will in time.

U do know that Bruce's second to last yr was the elite eight team? That being said, Im very excited about CDT and I feel he is a better X and O guy than either Pearl or Martin. He has to prove that he can build and run a program like Pearl but I feel that he will in time.
If I'm not confusing you with someone else, were you at the game last night and was it a good one for your youngster.

Yes, and as an AD it's your job to protect your athletic department at all cost. You can't know what a coach does 24/7, but Pearl was wild. I've seen him, stood right beside him, his girlfriend once he got divorced was one of my friend's cousins... Point is, Pearl lied, but as a AD, it's your job to talk to your coaches before they talk to the NCAA. If you don't get that chance, it's your responsibility to make sure it's clearly understood that screwing around with the NCAA will get you fired. Hamilton was blind not to see that Pearl was a bit of a wild card. I love the man, but he had a major discipline problem here.

For the record, I didn't mean to quote this post. Blame the iPhone....

This is a reach; if Pearl needs an AD to explain to him that lying to the NCAA is bad, then Pearl is an idiot and no amount of kid gloves would help.

If I'm not confusing you with someone else, were you at the game last night and was it a good one for your youngster.

Yes......it was awesome.....very good game but didn't get to take the kids.....my buddy had an extra free ticket so I went with him.....Im going to try and get tickets later this yr so I can take them if we can ever find a free moment....They would have loved it.

Yes......it was awesome.....very good game but didn't get to take the kids.....my buddy had an extra free ticket so I went with him.....Im going to try and get tickets later this yr so I can take them if we can ever find a free moment....They would have loved it.

Oh to be a young parent again and that one be their first game. talk about orange-ing the blood.

Reactions: 1 person

You are now required to go to every game.

Bruce did inherit Chris Lofton so that right there should tell you he did walk into a better situation. Donnie walked into a similar situation Butch walked into with the football team where we lost 80% of the offensive production to the draft. Basketball lost all of its offense except for Richardson. I was a Bruce supporter because of the recruiting and excitement he brought and I believe Donnie can have the same type of success. It will also help to have a good football team now because if your other sports are successful then recruits want to be a part of that. They want to be around winning. To answer your question though, as far as pure coaching ability I believe Donnie is a better in game coach.

Watch out guys. We have internet tough guy on board. Pls team is no way near trash, unlike your post!!! :bad::chair:

You have to overlook him. His only agenda is to bad mouth Bruce. He's another football guy who knows little about basketball

Oh to be a young parent again and that one be their first game. talk about orange-ing the blood.

My kids have been to games before.....they are all ready orange-bloodied......of course, it's not like I would give them a choice. LOL

My kids have been to games before.....they are all ready orange-bloodied......of course, it's not like I would give them a choice. LOL

My boys are in their 40s. One could care less and the other is an orange maniac. Started them both young too.

When you look at what Pearl had returning on his roster for his first team: CJ Watson/Chris Lofton/Juan Smith/Dane Bradshaw/Major Wingate/Andre Patterson. And with that won 22 games. Contrast that with what Tindall has in his first year, it was more talented for Pearl. If CDT gets us to NCAA tourny that would be a miracle. Also unlike all recent coaches for ut save Pearl CDT tries to get the crowd involved.

VN Store

Back