'16 SC RB Tavien Feaster

Having him here may put pressure on Emmons to go ahead and commit, which some expect him to do anyway.

This kid has great vision and balance. Some of those open field moves are filthy. Looks good.

Can't go wrong with either of them, but I prefer Emmons just based on watching their tape. Emmons looks more explosive and gets north-south faster while still possessing great top speed, elusiveness and ability to get yards after contact. Makes me wonder why Feaster is #14 overall while Emmons isn't even ranked.

As is my custom when attending games in Knoxville, I will be spending Friday night in Spartanburg. If I get there early enough, I will check out his team's game. They are at home. Maybe he'll see my orange in the stands the night before visiting us. Can't hurt, lol.

As is my custom when attending games in Knoxville, I will be spending Friday night in Spartanburg. If I get there early enough, I will check out his team's game. They are at home. Maybe he'll see my orange in the stands the night before visiting us. Can't hurt, lol.

So much for that idea. Game was yesterday. MaxPreps had it listed as a Friday game.

The 6-foot, 193-pound Feaster said he had heard good things about the game-day atmosphere at Tennessee, and it more than lived up to the hype. A color-coordinated, sellout crowd of 102,455 attended Saturday’s game and created an orange-and-white checkerboard pattern in the stands at Neyland Stadium.

“They told me it was going to be live, but sometimes you’ve just got to experience it for yourself,” Feaster said. “I mean, it’s a fun place to be. I liked it when I first went, so I said I’d go back for a game, and I loved the game.”

He said he was impressed by “how the team played,” even in a losing effort.

“They played well. I mean, they didn’t come out with a victory, but they still played well against a good Florida team,” said Feaster, who claims early scholarship offers from more than a dozen teams, including Tennessee, Clemson, Auburn, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame and South Carolina.

“(I also liked) just how the fans around them were supportive of them and how they treated their ex-players.”

Feaster said Tennessee coach*Butch Jones, running backs coach*Robert Gillespie*and*Mark Elder, the Vols’ tight ends coach and special teams coordinator, all talked with him Saturday while he was on campus.

“(Jones) said that he loved me and he wanted me there at Tennessee,” Feaster said. “(Gillespie) said he’s got a true freshman starting (at running back), so anything’s possible. I’m looking at that, and that’s something big.”

While Feaster has referred to Clemson as his early leader, and he admitted the Tigers have “been up there for a while,” he said he’s now talking to “a lot of schools” and taking his time with the recruiting process. He doesn’t have any additional visits scheduled at this point, but he said he would like to attend games at Georgia and Auburn this season.

For now, he said he’s not sure where Tennessee stands among the teams pursuing him. But he’s already interested in visiting the Vols again.

“They’re a great team, but I’m still looking at all my teams before I get a top five or a top 10 or something,” Feaster said. “Basically, I’m just going to take it slow. (Tennessee) was a great place to be. It was a great atmosphere. But I really don’t have no top teams right now.

Reactions: 6 people
The 6-foot, 193-pound Feaster said he had heard good things about the game-day atmosphere at Tennessee, and it more than lived up to the hype. A color-coordinated, sellout crowd of 102,455 attended Saturday’s game and created an orange-and-white checkerboard pattern in the stands at Neyland Stadium.

“They told me it was going to be live, but sometimes you’ve just got to experience it for yourself,” Feaster said. “I mean, it’s a fun place to be. I liked it when I first went, so I said I’d go back for a game, and I loved the game.”

He said he was impressed by “how the team played,” even in a losing effort.

“They played well. I mean, they didn’t come out with a victory, but they still played well against a good Florida team,” said Feaster, who claims early scholarship offers from more than a dozen teams, including Tennessee, Clemson, Auburn, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame and South Carolina.

“(I also liked) just how the fans around them were supportive of them and how they treated their ex-players.”

Feaster said Tennessee coach*Butch Jones, running backs coach*Robert Gillespie*and*Mark Elder, the Vols’ tight ends coach and special teams coordinator, all talked with him Saturday while he was on campus.

“(Jones) said that he loved me and he wanted me there at Tennessee,” Feaster said. “(Gillespie) said he’s got a true freshman starting (at running back), so anything’s possible. I’m looking at that, and that’s something big.”

While Feaster has referred to Clemson as his early leader, and he admitted the Tigers have “been up there for a while,” he said he’s now talking to “a lot of schools” and taking his time with the recruiting process. He doesn’t have any additional visits scheduled at this point, but he said he would like to attend games at Georgia and Auburn this season.

For now, he said he’s not sure where Tennessee stands among the teams pursuing him. But he’s already interested in visiting the Vols again.

“They’re a great team, but I’m still looking at all my teams before I get a top five or a top 10 or something,” Feaster said. “Basically, I’m just going to take it slow. (Tennessee) was a great place to be. It was a great atmosphere. But I really don’t have no top teams right now.

So he DOES have top teams right now....hmmmm....

Lock. Boom.

"It was better than what I expected. I didn't know everybody was going to participate in that but that shows you how much the team really means to them and the fan base they have," Feaster said. "It was an awesome experience. The crowd was amazing. They had the checker stadium so that was cool and they cheered for their team the whole way through the game. It was a great experience."

The Spartanburg, S.C., runner said he's intrigued by the Vols' willingness to play young players and also likes the Tennessee coaching staff, including coahces Mark Elder and Robert Gillespie, who are spearheading his recruitment.

"They run the ball and they have a young running back and that makes you notice them because they have a young team and they have a majority of freshmen playing," Feaster said. "That's something I like. As a junior right now I definitely want to go somewhere that I can play and help out.

"What really made me go back was the coaches and the way they treated me. They told me straight up that I can go in their system and make a difference."

Feaster said he's gotten to know Elder and Gillespie more over the last several weeks and likes the vibe around the coaches.

"It's good and it's developing a little bit more over the past few weeks. They keep it straight up and I like that," Feaster said.

Even though the Vols had their own offensive struggles during the day Feaster said he sees opportunity in the Vols' backfield as a 2016 player.

"It's just one game. You can't base their whole season off one game. Their freshman running back had a great game against Georgia and he just wasn't able to do much in this game and that happens to everybody," Feaster said. "You can't just judge them on one game. I feel like I could go in there and make an explosive play and I feel like if I go to Tennessee I can be that guy that can make explosive plays."

Feaster is ranked the No. 3 running back in the class of 2016 and the No. 37 overall player in the country.
-VolQuest.com

Reactions: 4 people
Recent visits to Tennessee and this weekend to Florida State has Feaster opening that stance.

“My recruiting process is 100-percent open right now,” Feaster said. “I’ve see a lot of different places.”

Feaster said he has high interest in Notre Dame, Florida State, Clemson, Auburn, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida and USC, saying that the Trojans have been on him “really hard.”

The 6-foot-1, 195-pounder visited Tennessee October 4 when the Volunteers dropped a close game to Florida, 10-9.

“That was a great experience,” Feaster said. “The crowd was into it the whole game. They never let up. (Florida) stacked the box but Jalen Hurd, the freshmen, still ran well. I got to meet coach Butch Jones. He’s a serious guy.”

5-star RB:

"I've been to Clemson, Tennessee, Auburn, Florida State, and a couple others," Feaster said. "I'm just waiting to see about a decision, honestly. I just started visiting a lot of places this year, and I've started with local places that I've just got. It's great to visit somewhere out of the local area. It's very fun. I'm looking to get back to some of those schools and seeing more."

"I'm just scheduling them as I think of them," Feaster said. "I really don't have a leader yet. I'm pretty sure I'll crack down on it going into my senior year, once I have more information. Right now, all the schools are toe-to-toe."

https://uga.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1702813

VN Store

Back