Oklahoma coaches contacted one of our recruits

The link is my ears hearing it from his hs coach.

c52741ed_6b1cc1e094d25ec2bf90a2352bae038f9a6710c155d69b16b400b8f14e31000e.jpeg

Reactions: 10 people
Unless you're from OK or a fan of musicals, I don't see what they could say that would make anybody want to go there. No matter how good their football team is. I don't know... maybe if you're from the Dakotas. :ermm:

You must not have found your way to the "girls of Oklahoma" thread. There is a bit more to Oklahoma than what John Steinbeck would lead you to believe.

No reason to doubt the OP.

You really think negative recruiting doesn't happen in big time college athletics? Lol

Just curious as to which recruit it was. I'm assuming that it's Tuttle since he's gonna commit on the 26th.

Last edited:
You must not have found your way to the "girls of Oklahoma" thread. There is a bit more to Oklahoma than what John Steinbeck would lead you to believe.

And you must not have been to Oklahoma. Are you familiar with the term "mirage?"

No reason to doubt the OP.

You really think negative recruiting doesn't happen in big time college athletics? Lol

This.

How many times do you think Butch and Co have told some elite prospects that if they wanted to go to Bama, then "have fun sitting on the bench for 3 years waiting your turn. Better get in line."

Well, obviously, if the OP heard it from the recruit's HS coach, he knows who the recruit is. Why the secrecy? Why come on a board and say something like this and not identify the recruit?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I don't see what the big deal is......he's just drawing a distinction between a program that's winning now and one that is in a rebuilding process. Trust me, worse things have been said to recruits.

Right. Just ask Alshon Jeffery. He's pumping gas somewhere now...

Reactions: 1 person
and said when you make your decision to commit remember what happens Saturday night.....how arrogant?

Really? Thats all you got? Piss poor thread with no substance. Who was the coach who was the recruit? Worthless made up bs imo. Even if true so what it's recruiting.

Reactions: 2 people
Can't imagine a coach going out on that limb no matter how strong it is. A statement like that could come back and bite you hard.

I don't see what the big deal is......he's just drawing a distinction between a program that's winning now and one that is in a rebuilding process. Trust me, worse things have been said to recruits.

Yep.......like pumping gas for the rest of their lives.

Can't imagine a coach going out on that limb no matter how strong it is. A statement like that could come back and bite you hard.

IDK that I believe the OP BUT coaches do some pretty stupid things routinely in recruiting so I guess it's possible.

VN Store

Back