Byron De'Vinner

Nashvegas

From what I was told today it appears as if he will accept a position at Ole Miss at the end of the year.

I asked someone why he was dressed up in all Ole Miss garb at the EHS game from head to toe yesterday, and that is what he told me.

Is that not illegal to go be a walking advertisement (and most likely recruiting) for kids to see at games full of high-level talent?

Appreciate your HONEST thoughts

Last edited:
Freeze and De'Vinner are a match made in hell. Two slimy snake will go down in flames together.

Reactions: 6 people
If he is acting as an agent for UM then yeah.

I assume he was.

He tried to do this last year with Kimbrow and Vandy and them Redmond and Mississippi State.

He came real close at MSU. He finished second in the running for the new RC there.

Looks like he finally got the Ole Miss job

Correct me if Im wrong here. Freeze is a hs coach from Memphis who got his start because of EO. He hired Kiffins brother and now this guy? If Im a parent Im hoping my kid gets an offer from So Miss.

Correct me if Im wrong here. Freeze is a hs coach from Memphis who got his start because of EO. He hired Kiffins brother and now this guy? If Im a parent Im hoping my kid gets an offer from So Miss.

Well the good news is that after they win 7 games in two years, they will all be fired together. If this Dick'Vinner character is the RC, doesn't he have to count against the 9 coaches?

Surely it's not legal for him to be handling kids while in the process of taking a job with a school?

Surely it's not legal for him to be handling kids while in the process of taking a job with a school?
Probably not a co-inky-dink that JRM pledged last week and this BD rumor is circulating.

Ole Miss money doing what they do best, screwing up the athletic programs.

Getting rid of Cutcliff was the worst mistake.

Ole Miss money bit hook line and sinker on the Pete Caroll plan to get ogre out of USC.

They even fell for the Houston Nutt hire too.

Ole Miss money doing what they do best, screwing up the athletic programs.

Getting rid of Cutcliff was the worst mistake.

Ole Miss money bit hook line and sinker on the Pete Caroll plan to get ogre out of USC.

They even fell for the Houston Nutt hire too.

135-96 since 1993 and several SEC coach of the year honors. He had two great and 2 bad years at Ole Miss that wound up costing him his job. He is a hell of a coach, just lost the fire in recruiting. Has happened to a lot of them.

Freeze recruited really well at Briarcrest... Hope he doesn't do as well in Oxford.

The NCAA just interviewed him regarding the Jovon Robinson case. They apparantly interviewed him last year as well. He said they were asking him about 7v7 different coaches and recruiting practices. This guy is dirty but I would laugh if he is the one to bring down Trooper.

"They were asking about different players, coaches and different practices, because I've been around the recruiting process a while and what not," De'Vinner said. "And the 7-on-7, that was something they discussed."

Jovon Robinson's summer coach says NCAA interviewed him » The Commercial Appeal

I'm not sure of the solution, but the NCAA needs to get rid of these self serving pricks. This just proves he was in it for himself. I'm convinced he probably had a role in Javon's sad debacle. Bryon probably took the money from AU boosters, helped get him enrolled, an now leaving him high and dry.

He probably was glad to have JRM go to Vols knowing this gig was right around the corner. If Jalen chose OMiss then it would look fishy.

My guess is he knows he's walking a fine line and this was his opportunity to get out of it. It's just ironic it's the sleeze ball Freeze hirin him. Lol.

Reactions: 1 person
If true, I'll be really interested to see what his title is. Alabama apparently has all these "quality control assistant" positions that they fill with popular high school coaches and street agents. They're not assistants, so they dobt count against the 9 cap. It's apparently not against any rules. I've often wondered why we don't do it.

135-96 since 1993 and several SEC coach of the year honors. He had two great and 2 bad years at Ole Miss that wound up costing him his job. He is a hell of a coach, just lost the fire in recruiting. Has happened to a lot of them.

He is a douche as a man.

I highly doubt Hugh Freeze would hire such a suspect individual. More likely he's supporting all his new-found coaching buddies down there.

VN Store

Back