1403 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on EMERGENCY QUESTION: decent sports bar in Knoxville? Page 2. within the forum Vols Tailgating, Visitor and Gathering Guide. Cedar Bluff? In that case, Long Branch Saloon! And in case Knoxville is attacked by bombers on Sunday, it is ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Vols Tailgating, Visitor and Gathering Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

Cedar Bluff?

In that case, Long Branch Saloon! And in case Knoxville is attacked by bombers on Sunday, it is the perfect place to be. You can hide under the urinal because ain't no one hit it yet!
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #17 (permalink)

Tin Roof and Half Barrel are the 2 best IMO. Copper celler has good food though depends what your looking for
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Gettin' Dirty Baskets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax_Vol View Post
Katch One

Great place to katch a game............(among other things)
The Katch?
"I believe in Tennessee football. I believe in our fan base. I want to be a part of building something special and having that responsibility getting Tennessee football back. And I love Tennessee. If it kills me, it kills me--but I'm going to put everything that I have into bringing Tennessee football back." --Butch Jones
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Gettin' Dirty Baskets

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTop22 View Post
Tin Roof and Half Barrel are the 2 best IMO. Copper celler has good food though depends what your looking for
That's 2 votes. Thank you, kind sir.
"I believe in Tennessee football. I believe in our fan base. I want to be a part of building something special and having that responsibility getting Tennessee football back. And I love Tennessee. If it kills me, it kills me--but I'm going to put everything that I have into bringing Tennessee football back." --Butch Jones
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
Ah, I should have mentioned that I'm 42 years old.
Ha. Gotcha. Too many memories there; I'll probably be going back when I am 70.

On a serious note, there is a place right off Kingston Pike (on the left, driving West away from campus). My ex's father was big into beer. It was on his list to go to. There have been bikes and runs set up to and from campus to this place. They are suppose to have a large beer selection.

Roosters is place in West Knoxville. I had a few buddies that loves to go there.

Wild Wing Cafe in West Knoxville.

B-Dubs on the strip.

If you don't want wings, you might want to try Barley's in the Old City.

I am not quite sure what you are looking for.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
Señor Member

The Carousel
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #22 (permalink)

If you are trying to avoid the college area I would recommend Rooster's to watch the game, it is located on Northshore and Morrell and has a great NFL atmosphere on Sundays.

And to add a note on the Half Barrell. If there is any bar on the strip (campus area) that tends to serve an older crowd it would be the one. I've had no issue with their service. They have a very large beer selection and some really good food.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
UTK '93, '08

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKT_VOL View Post
A place that is sports-centric enough that the game will be on several large screens, preferably with the game audio piped over the speakers. I know plenty of decent bars in Knoxville that will have the game on a TV hanging behind the bar, but I'd like to find one where the primary thing going on will be football fans watching it. I.e., a sports bar. I know a bunch of them down here but none up in Knoxville.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
UTK '93, '08

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfballs View Post
The Carousel
They lost me as a customer when Vic and Bill's shut down.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKT_VOL View Post
Ha. Gotcha. Too many memories there; I'll probably be going back when I am 70.

On a serious note, there is a place right off Kingston Pike (on the left, driving West away from campus). My ex's father was big into beer. It was on his list to go to. There have been bikes and runs set up to and from campus to this place. They are suppose to have a large beer selection.

Roosters is place in West Knoxville. I had a few buddies that loves to go there.

Wild Wing Cafe in West Knoxville.

B-Dubs on the strip.

If you don't want wings, you might want to try Barley's in the Old City.

closed
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
Gettin' Dirty Baskets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktownvolfan View Post
If you are trying to avoid the college area I would recommend Rooster's to watch the game, it is located on Northshore and Morrell and has a great NFL atmosphere on Sundays.

And to add a note on the Half Barrell. If there is any bar on the strip (campus area) that tends to serve an older crowd it would be the one. I've had no issue with their service. They have a very large beer selection and some really good food.
That's 3 votes.

I would suggest "Jenny's Dank-ass Burger." Delicious. Several televisions around and lots of beers on tap.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Vols Fan

Quote:
Headed up there this weekend. I need a place to watch the NFC championship game that isn't my dad's living room. Preferably with good draft beer. My folks live in the Cedar Bluff area, but I am my wife is willing to drive a ways if someplace is worth it. Any suggestions?

(Yes, I know this is the wrong forum. I'll move it myself in a little while.)
I saw Bailey's, Roosters, Tin Roof West mentioned which I agree. One I didn't see was Aubry's off of Papermill. The have 4 large flat screen TVs and a variety of draft beers. It's also smoke free if that's a game changer.

Ray's isn't bad if you like random drugged up hookers walking out of random crevices in the wall.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
A place that is sports-centric enough that the game will be on several large screens, preferably with the game audio piped over the speakers. I know plenty of decent bars in Knoxville that will have the game on a TV hanging behind the bar, but I'd like to find one where the primary thing going on will be football fans watching it. I.e., a sports bar. I know a bunch of them down here but none up in Knoxville.
If you can handle the cigarette smoke then Bailey's is where I would go. Everyone there will be watching the games and its off Cedar Bluff. TVs everywhere
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #29 (permalink)

Off campus:
Bucket Head Tavern off Ray Mears Blvd

Buffalo wild wings in Turkey Creek

Roosters in Rocky Hill

Baileys near Cedar Bluff

Bearden Fieldhouse in Bearden

If I wanted beer and football, the first two would be my choice. Bucket head & Roosters allow smoking inside although both have a non smoking section. Haven't been to baileys or the fieldhouse in a while so can't comment there. Bucket Head is a nice place
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #30 (permalink)
UTK '93, '08

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddune50 View Post
I saw Bailey's, Roosters, Tin Roof West mentioned which I agree. One I didn't see was Aubry's off of Papermill. The have 4 large flat screen TVs and a variety of draft beers. It's also smoke free if that's a game changer.

Ray's isn't bad if you like random drugged up hookers walking out of random crevices in the wall.
Ah, I forgot that's an issue in Knoxville. It is indeed a game changer. Mrs Vercingetorix will be willing to drive me someplace to watch the game, but she will not be willing to sit in a smoky bar for four hours. We've been spoiled by non-smoking bars for too long now.
Reply With Quote TOP