EMERGENCY QUESTION: decent sports bar in Knoxville?

Club Malibu, better known as Murderbu locally. It's right off MLK BLVD. pack a couple Glocks and you'll be just fine. Enjoy!

Reactions: 1 person
Cedar Bluff?

In that case, Long Branch Saloon! And in case Knoxville is attacked by bombers on Sunday, it is the perfect place to be. You can hide under the urinal because ain't no one hit it yet!

Longbranch isn't near Cedar Bluff at all.

So Verc, where did you end up going this afternoon?

Punted. My wife's nephew ended up being in town and we got a couple growlers and watched at his apartment. Not optimal, but hey, at least the annual Falcons letdown didn't come with a $130 bar/food tab to go with it.

Punted. My wife's nephew ended up being in town and we got a couple growlers and watched at his apartment. Not optimal, but hey, at least the annual Falcons letdown didn't come with a $130 bar/food tab to go with it.

All this work for nothing...

All this work for nothing...

Seemed clear that while there were a few good possibilities for watching the game, the answer is no, there isn't really a good classic full-on sports bar in Knoxville. Seems like a damn good business opportunity for someone.

Reactions: 1 person
Seemed clear that while there were a few good possibilities for watching the game, the answer is no, there isn't really a good classic full-on sports bar in Knoxville. Seems like a damn good business opportunity for someone.

I'd visit Double Dogs before coming to this conclusion.

I'd visit Double Dogs before coming to this conclusion.

That's what I was going to try before the frau's nephew ended up inviting us over. Sounded like the best possibility. I'm up here all the time; will check it out next time.

If you were really looking for the TV saturated environment I'd have said Double Dogs or The Brewery at Turkey Creek. The Brewery is more of a restaurant/sports bar.

If you were really looking for the TV saturated environment I'd have said Double Dogs or The Brewery at Turkey Creek. The Brewery is more of a restaurant/sports bar.

95 percent of the time that's the last thing I want from an establishment. Once a year, maybe, I'm out of town and there's a big game and I want a sports bar where I can drink beer and see/hear the game. This was that once. Ah well.

You have to at least let us know what kind of beer you filled those growlers up with, since all of our suggestions of where to go were for naught.

Bailey's is good, too much cigarette smoke though. I go to Smoky Mountain Brewery in Turkey Creek often, although some ppl don't like the fact that they only serve their own brew. But its good beer!

Late and after the fact but their beer is some of the best crafted beer in America. APA ftw!

The half barrel is my first choice. Every time I get to fly into Knox Vegas I stop there first. Then Rays on Kingston pike. Both have great bar food and the Half Barrel has great beer selections.

VN Store

Back