Zarielle Green to Tennessee

Zay contacted TN. She was unsure of KU & I think pulled the gun prematurely after visiting with 2 other teammates. She canceled her OV with other schools including TN.

Then she regretted it.

Zay decommitted from KU and took visits to UCLA & TN.

Hacks in social media press are trying to make it some sort of pay for play deal gone wrong.

Then also trying to say TN unethical for recruiting a player committed to another school. (It's not even illegal until after they sign.)

But TN has clean hands and even called KU to confirm Zay decommitted & that they knew she was visiting TN.

Oh, the drama. Folks always trying to bring you down. But things often seem suspicious in recruiting.

Only correction would be that she had already visited UCLA prior to her Kansas visit. Texas A&M and Tennessee were the ones she cancelled and then Tennessee was the only visit she took when she reopened her recruitment.

The social media girls basketball media that loves to hate all things Tennessee immediately jumped to "Tennessee unethically recruiting" assumptions... which is funny since Tennessee is one of the few programs that go out of their way to ethically approach all areas of recruiting. They love to praise coaches who have actually done some pretty questionable things on the recruiting trail because some of those coaches give them attention. You'll never hear the people who love to hate on Tennessee mention anything bad about Brenda Frese who has had more transfers than most in the past few seasons and has been known to actively recruit players with a signed NLI and players that are enrolled at other colleges.

Reactions: 6 people
Only correction would be that she had already visited UCLA prior to her Kansas visit. Texas A&M and Tennessee were the ones she cancelled and then Tennessee was the only visit she took when she reopened her recruitment.

The social media girls basketball media that loves to hate all things Tennessee immediately jumped to "Tennessee unethically recruiting" assumptions... which is funny since Tennessee is one of the few programs that go out of their way to ethically approach all areas of recruiting. They love to praise coaches who have actually done some pretty questionable things on the recruiting trail because some of those coaches give them attention. You'll never hear the people who love to hate on Tennessee mention anything bad about Brenda Frese who has had more transfers than most in the past few seasons and has been known to actively recruit players with a signed NLI and players that are enrolled at other colleges.
As soon as I seen KK tweet that, I logged into my account and blasted his a**!!! He had no facts, just hating on Tennessee as usual!

Reactions: 3 people
As soon as I seen KK tweet that, I logged into my account and blasted his a**!!! He had no facts, just hating on Tennessee as usual!

I read through that tweet thread, 1908. That KK dude sounds like he has serious issues. What could warrant the level of hate he has for Tennessee? Geez!

I read through that tweet thread, 1908. That KK dude sounds like he has serious issues. What could warrant the level of hate he has for Tennessee? Geez!

I have NO idea! It’s quite creepy to be honest! I would love to know the story behind his disdain for us.

Basically Tennessee doesn’t give him the time of day and his small ego can’t handle it. It also doesn’t help that Pat had to put him in his place for spreading rumors about her and he’s never gotten over it.

Reactions: 9 people
Basically Tennessee doesn’t give him the time of day and his small ego can’t handle it. It also doesn’t help that Pat had to put him in his place for spreading rumors about her and he’s never gotten over it.

Thanks for the info, raider. Wow!

Do Kenny and his Insider Exposure friend also coach AAU teams? Seems that they are often praising and reporting about the teams where there players are being recruited.

I just assumed Pat wouldn't play (or pay).

Reactions: 1 person

Was GA also on her finalist list? Not sure Zay ever scheduled OV at GA anyway.

Do Kenny and his Insider Exposure friend also coach AAU teams? Seems that they are often praising and reporting about the teams where there players are being recruited.

I just assumed Pat wouldn't play (or pay).

Kenny coaches an AAU team in Florida. The other guy reports on it.

and yes, Pat neither played or paid :)

Reactions: 4 people
They want to talk about the importance of having class ...
But yet they can be 'grown men' and tweet about a high school girl tweeting the wrong order of "University" in Tennessee. I wished twitter had a dislike button on these fools, go sit down somewhere.

They want to talk about the importance of having class ...
But yet they can be 'grown men' and tweet about a high school girl tweeting the wrong order of "University" in Tennessee. I wished twitter had a dislike button on these fools, go sit down somewhere.

Yea who are these guys? What's their Twitter handles? I'd luv to give them a nice reply 😉

Please keep the drama out of this remarkable news for Lady Vol Nation. Let's praise another great job of recruiting with back-to-back stellar classes. Word coming from former players is this '17 freshman class is the real deal. Diva-ness gone with departures. Teamwork is a focus, along with renewed emphasis on fundamentals and hard work.

I'm hoping for and looking forward to a gun season.

Go Lady Bols!

Reactions: 7 people
Kenny coaches an AAU team in Florida. The other guy reports on it.

and yes, Pat neither played or paid :)

The other guy is a decent enough dude and does great things for a lot the girls within the FGB program. He often gets hooked into the KK drivel. KK is a teacher, HS coach (Lost to Rennia's team by 40-50 points) and an AAU coach. Courtney Williams was one of his former players. He presents himself as someone who is never wrong. It's comical.

Reactions: 4 people
The other guy is a decent enough dude and does great things for a lot the girls within the FGB program. He often gets hooked into the KK drivel. KK is a teacher, HS coach (Lost to Rennia's team by 40-50 points) and an AAU coach. Courtney Williams was one of his former players. He presents himself as someone who is never wrong. It's comical.

I've begun to think it's just part of their business model. They dream up controversy as it suits them, and then team up on social media to grow the matter into attention for themselves.

Never heard them discuss recruitment suspicions re: Mitchell at Ohio St. But I notice "other guy" wears Ohio State gear.

I've begun to think it's just part of their business model. They dream up controversy as it suits them, and then team up on social media to grow the matter into attention for themselves.

Never heard them discuss recruitment suspicions re: Mitchell at Ohio St. But I notice "other guy" wears Ohio State gear.

Regarding the commitment of the 5 (I think) girls from Duncanville High School who committed to KU (and this may have already been discussed) was it not weird that 5 girls from the same high school committed to one college?

Regarding the commitment of the 5 (I think) girls from Duncanville High School who committed to KU (and this may have already been discussed) was it not weird that 5 girls from the same high school committed to one college?

It was three, not five.

They have been friends for a long time, and when Kansas offered them all, the friendship state of mind took over. Two obviously reconsidered and did what was best for them, which is what should happen. Only commit if you know for sure and won’t second guess yourself.

Look at Collins and Massengill. They committed to Tennessee and didn’t take any other visits. They want to be here, and have known that for a long time.

Reactions: 6 people
It was three, not five.

They have been friends for a long time, and when Kansas offered them all, the friendship state of mind took over. Two obviously reconsidered and did what was best for them, which is what should happen. Only commit if you know for sure and won’t second guess yourself.

Look at Collins and Massengill. They committed to Tennessee and didn’t take any other visits. They want to be here, and have known that for a long time.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info! 😉

It was three, not five.

Look at Collins and Massengill. They committed to Tennessee and didn’t take any other visits. They want to be here, and have known that for a long time.[/QUOTE

I can understand how they (teammates) got caught up into that situation. My high school teammates and I got invited to a small college scrimmage game with other recruits... but all four of us ended up at different schools!!! But I could understand if two or three teammates who had played together for several years would like to continue to play together.

It was three, not five.

Very true! Collins and Massengill could have been caught up with teammates and friends as well and followed their hearts.Collins could of leaned towards a place like UMD, Notre Dame because her teammates went there (if there was interest especially since she is in the top 100) and Massengill could have went to Gtech or Kentucky to go be with teammates.

It was three, not five.

And those are the young ladies we need to pursue those who want to be here and not those who use Tennesse to pique the interest of other programs! UT isn’t for everyone! We set the standard and it should remain that way!

It was three, not five.

Also Pat offered scholarships early to Nared, Russell, Reynolds, and the Kailee Johnson (Stanford) lady who Kenny ranked as number one in the class with diamond russell and davis... Anyway, offering them all was a move at bonding them in hopes of snagging a group of stars from the otherside of tge country. Holly was able to go on and sign 3 of the 4 Oregon ladies

Also Pat offered scholarships early to Nared, Russell, Reynolds, and the Kailee Johnson (Stanford) lady who Kenny ranked as number one in the class with diamond russell and davis... Anyway, offering them all was a move at bonding them in hopes of snagging a group of stars from the otherside of tge country. Holly was able to go on and sign 3 of the 4 Oregon ladies

And he ranked her #1 in the class and she’s done absolutely nothing at Stanford....He’s a joke!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back