YOUR Vote 4 the next HC

The next HC YOU want

• Total voters
I'm really surprised by all the Burke love

It's fascinating to me. It's not that I don't think he could possibly succeed, it's just that after more than a decade of substandard baseball, I'm surprised the fan base would take a risk on a person without significant coaching experience.

Reactions: 1 person
So Todd Helton doesnt want the job ? Personally I think a former MLB star would attract more top players -- Burke would be my choice on the poll list though

May be akin to assuming Peyton Manning wants to be our football coach. Both may be worth calling to gauge interest, but just because fans believe a great former player would make a great coach doesn't mean he believes it as well. If they don't love coaching, they are not who the programs need. Fantasizing won't change it.

Lacking knowledge of any other candidates, I would support Burke. If not as HC, I would love for him to be on staff.

It's fascinating to me. It's not that I don't think he could possibly succeed, it's just that after more than a decade of substandard baseball, I'm surprised the fan base would take a risk on a person without significant coaching experience.

That's where I'm at with it as well

Reactions: 1 person
Why? Same as last time isn't it?

I'm genuinely surprised no one has posted "back the Brinks truck up to Vandy or Louisville or Virginia or Florida or LSU, etc...

:no:

Yep. I'm exhausted with UT baseball. We've been wandering in the wildness for what seems a lifetime. Simply cannot and should not reach on this next hire. When we hired Dave, I felt certain we had the perfect hire. A can't miss kind of guy. Guess it's clear to me now that where UT is concerned, there are and can be no sure things, but at least go out and get someone that has a record. Don't care what level he comes from, but I want him to have done it. No desire for learning on the job. Having said all that, we simply have to level the field. The facilities and commitment or lack thereof by this university for the baseball program is shameful. It's time we put resources into the program at all levels and it should start with the facilities. Womens softball would be a perfect fit in our current facility. Build a new, state of the art complex and give the new man something to work with on the recruiting trail. I'm just damned sick and tired of sitting in front of my TV watching other schools enjoy the tournaments. I'm sick and tired of being embarrassed that we can't even make Hoover. My gawd when is it ever going to change?

Matt Bragga TN Tech

Was thinking the same thing lately. He's done a great job turning TT baseball around. If we have to take a chance on an up and comer, not sure we could do better. Like the way his teams play. On top of that, he has taken down some of our SEC brethren. Seems like a respected and well rounded coach. We've certainly done worse.

Don't vote for who you think the next coach will be. Its YOUR vote so pick the next coach YOU want. I apologize ahead of time if I have forgotten to include a candidate.

I think they will hire Tony Vitello.

-Nostradumbass

VN Store

Back