Your odds that Hart is still the AD in two weeks

What chance do you give Hart to keep his job, now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would they fire Hart? He does what he is told and matches the incompetency of UT officials/BOT perfectly. They will probably give him a raise and extend his contract.

Reactions: 1 person
As much as people want him gone, one bad hire won't get him fired. The Serano hire is not a bad hire for those who are not satisfied with the baseball program. Fugetaboutit.

Hart didn't hire Serrano. But Raleigh left the program a dumpster fire and it's taken CDS a while to rebuild. I think he's around at least another year.

Hart is 1/2 on big coaching decisions, so unless Jones and the football team take a nose dive this year he'll be around.

Why would they fire Hart? He does what he is told and matches the incompetency of UT officials/BOT perfectly. They will probably give him a raise and extend his contract.

Spoken like a true "I think I really know what's going on, but I really don't I'm just mad and want to blame more people!"-kinda guy.

You know nothing.

If you did...you wouldn't be here.

#realtalk

Reactions: 3 people
I'm going 50%. I'm gonna guess that the ones who think he's a lock to stay also thought Tyndall would still be here.

Basketball does not have enough influence to control who is the AD. If he had screwed up the football program the way he has BB then he would have the front seat on the next Greyhound heading south.

It's funny how people think the AD ought to run like a pro sports franchise and we can always just fire our way out of whatever ails us.

I'm going 50%. I'm gonna guess that the ones who think he's a lock to stay also thought Tyndall would still be here.

Id say 75% hes still here.

I think plenty of heat has been put on him about how this played out. As it should. I think the screws have been tighten down and hes not the only one feeling the pressure at this point.

He will 100% be here in 2 weeks. He's got football on track and the finances are stabilized, that's all that matters.

This.

Also, Hart was told by NCAA before he hired DT that there were no problems at Southern Miss, was what somebody posted on here in the fall IIRC. So if that is the case then Hart did vett him.

Our Greatest Coach was an Army grad, CPS graduated from Martin not UTK, Dickey was a Florida grad and we won the Natty with him as AD. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GRADUATE from UTK to represent the University. Hart has straightened out the cluster duck that was the finances in athletics. His primary job is money and then football-football and then money, they go in lockstep. The rest of the sports as volfanningatorland said do not matter. Without football and it's revenue there is nothing else.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't want Hart to go anywhere. I love Tennessee, but Volnation ran off Cuonzo for no reason, and is now trying to oust Hart. People need to get some hobbies.

Reactions: 3 people
Hart will be here for the long haul. He will get a good replacement for tyndall.

This.

Also, Hart was told by NCAA before he hired DT that there were no problems at Southern Miss, was what somebody posted on here in the fall IIRC. So if that is the case then Hart did vett him.

Our Greatest Coach was an Army grad, CPS graduated from Martin not UTK, Dickey was a Florida grad and we won the Natty with him as AD. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GRADUATE from UTK to represent the University. Hart has straightened out the cluster duck that was the finances in athletics. His primary job is money and then football-football and then money, they go in lockstep. The rest of the sports as volfanningatorland said do not matter. Without football and it's revenue there is nothing else.
Uh, given the SEC Network money which had nothing to do with Hart a monkey could've balanced the books. I agree about football's status but I think you're a little off base if you believe that the masses think it's turned around. I'd say there's a nervous optimism surrounding football. We pissed away some easy wins and there are significant holes in the roster. Jones still has a lot of work to do.

Welcome to the "Fire everyone every year for no good reason" message board. The worst thing that Hart has done is stand up the the sacred "Lady Vols". I For one am glad he did and I hope he will not blink. The guy is trying to do the job he was hired to do. Tyndall was a good coach on the court but off the court he was unethical just like Pearl. Some men never learn. Hart vetted the guy. He called the NCAA and was given a green light. Donnie thought he got by with cheating again and got caught again. Can't fix stupid.

Uh, given the SEC Network money which had nothing to do with Hart a monkey could've balanced the books. I agree about football's status but I think you're a little off base if you believe that the masses think it's turned around. I'd say there's a nervous optimism surrounding football. We pissed away some easy wins and there are significant holes in the roster. Jones still has a lot of work to do.

Most ignorant statement in any of these Dave Hart threads and that is saying something.

To answer the OP's question, there's a 100% chance he'll be AD in 2 weeks, and probably 100% he'll be AD this time next year.

What this guy said...

what this guy said the other guy said.

Has all of Hart's decisions been popular? Far from it.

Is he making sound decisions as to addressing financial stability to Tennessee athletics? Time will tell.

Right now, a decision is yet to be reached on Hart long term. This poll has a short term implication. I don't believe, unless Hart does something really stupid, that firing him at this time will even remotely be considered. However, he does need to do something to keep the hounds at bay. This is a guy who really needs to do something very very right.

He needs to make a basketball coaching hire that makes everyone celebrate in the streets. Someone that not only restores faith, but comes in here and can restore the luster of Tennessee basketball to never before realized heights. Someone they can justify paying big money to.

I have read the list of potentials. Several decent options. A few good ones. I see only one or two great ones. Their initials are GM and SS. Yes, please?

VN Store

Back