Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

Sweet. 5-0, 6-0, even 7? Where do you stand, T?

We should* go 6-1 over the next 7 with the only loss being to Houston but I imagine we lay an egg or two in there. Starting 7-3 or 8-2 would be very strong, especially considering Jmyke and the top 2 options at SG are out.

*Should in the sense that we will likely be favored over everyone but Houston

Lmao.. our bench outscores teams on average by 25 points a game but our starters are great?

Great?

Yes, we will agree to disagree on our starters being great.

They’re getting more minutes because they are better players because the starters aren’t great...

Maybe we’re deeper than previous years. That doesn’t take anything away from our starting group. That just means putting less on them and that isn’t a bad thing. Like I said, we’ll agree to disagree.

Is having a good bench and a good starting 5 mutually exclusive? Maybe our bench is just better than other team’s benches?

If our starters are that wretched, then why are they starting? Or is this just another coach TBrown critique of the coaching staff?

Reactions: 1 person
Is having a good bench and a good starting 5 mutually exclusive? Maybe our bench is just better than other team’s benches?

If our starters are that wretched, then why are they starting? Or is this just another coach TBrown critique of the coaching staff?

Starters don’t matter per say. Minutes distribution is what’s important and Fizdale is getting that done properly.

Harrison is starting because seldon and mclemore are out. Jarell is starting because jmyke is out. Instead of elevating bench guys into a starting role, Fizdale is keeping them where they will spend most of the season, just increasing their minutes. He’s handling it very well

Hopefully ennis keeps playing well and we can all forget Harrison and Jarell soon

Jarell has the talent too play he’s just so far behind and raw. Hope it works out for him long term though

Starters don’t matter per say. Minutes distribution is what’s important and Fizdale is getting that done properly.

Harrison is starting because seldon and mclemore are out. Jarell is starting because jmyke is out. Instead of elevating bench guys into a starting role, Fizdale is keeping them where they will spend most of the season, just increasing their minutes. He’s handling it very well

Hopefully ennis keeps playing well and we can all forget Harrison and Jarell soon

Makes sense.

How many games into the season do you feel like we will know how good or bad we are? I’ve always felt that by Christmas, you know what’s up. That said Miami last year was wretched up to Christmas.

That was my point. I definitely don’t wanna have to depend on our starting 5 all season long. So our bench is averaging more than 40 points and more minutes per game? Well that’s fantastic.

VN Store

Back