Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

ESPN's projected win total

12. Memphis Grizzlies
Projected wins: 34.6

I'll forgive Grizzlies fans if they're dubious of RPM's pessimism. Memphis outperformed a 39-win projection last season to win 43 games and claim the seventh seed in the West. This year, with the competition more difficult, even beating this RPM projection might not be enough for a Grizzlies playoff run.

Offseason Grade

Memphis Grizzlies
: C

Limited in spending by the looming specter of the luxury tax, the Grizzlies had tough choices to make this summer. They decided to let go of Grit 'N Grind stalwarts Zach Randolph and Tony Allen, the latter of whom remains unsigned.

Memphis made a decent-sized bet that Ben McLemore will be more effective outside, paying him $10.7 million over two seasons despite no track record of good NBA performance. The Grizzlies got good value with Tyreke Evans on a one-year deal for $3.3 million and should be able to re-sign starting power forward JaMychal Green at a reasonable price now that his options as a restricted free agent are limited.

Sounds like McLemore needs to get his arse in the gym. I have lost touch a little in the off-season. You guys think we will do well this year? I hate that we lost Tony and Zach. Those guys LOVE Memphis.

VN Store

Back