Your Bridgeport, CT Predictions

Sorry caught the comments late but yeah I guess I'm just salty about Uconn getting to play in there home state every yr. Bridgeport,Hartford, Storrs, ESPN arena lol. When was the last time they played in another Region not in Conn? We was the last time they were something other than the over all 1 seed? Just curious.

They weren't the overall top seed in 2013. Baylor was. Hard to argue them being awarded the overall top seed from 2014-2017 since they lost a whopping one game in that span.

I don't think there's anything wrong with them hosting first two rounds every year, because that's the perk of being a Top 4 seed. Why should it be any different for them?

2014 and 2015 was the last time they played their regional outside of Connecticut (they were in Lincoln, NE and Albany, NY). Before that, it was 2012 (Kingston, RI). Maybe it just seems like there is a regional in Bridgeport every year, but I guess not. It looks like it's only been 2013, 2016 and 2017...then 2006 before that, so it really hasn't been all that unusual.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
UConn's seeding does not surprise me a bit. I've been conditioned to expect it. I think the argument is strong that they earned it. If people want to see them play outside their comfort zone, some teams need to start beating them. Until then, they will get that #1 seed and play close to home until the FF.

I don't think they get superior players all the time. I do think the UConn system develops players that are already really good and that system has taught them to play as a team better than anyone else in the country the past 10-15 years. It is what it is. Coaches have to come up with a game plan to cancel what UConn does well. Up to this point, few have.

I don't like them and really never have given the air of superiority their fans exhibit (and the coaches demeanor when the program was struggling to be accepted in the national spotlight) but then, I guess it is not unlike what LV fans of the 80-90's were like during that span. We just didn't have the internet to expose it.

The women's game has changed over the years. Players are much more talented and abundant now than they were 20 years ago. Back then, a team with a superstar or two could dominate (and did). Now it is much more about team play and those teams that have talent and play very well together are the ones that are winning. I think Holly realizes that and is doing what she can to beef up the roster with talent. Getting players to play as a team rather than individuals requires leverage. Holly does not have the leverage this year to sit players. Next year she will.

Reactions: 5 people
They weren't the overall top seed in 2013. Baylor was. Hard to argue them being awarded the overall top seed from 2014-2017 since they lost a whopping one game in that span.

I don't think there's anything wrong with them hosting first two rounds every year, because that's the perk of being a Top 4 seed. Why should it be any different for them?

2014 and 2015 was the last time they played their regional outside of Connecticut (they were in Lincoln, NE and Albany, NY). Before that, it was 2012 (Kingston, RI). Maybe it just seems like there is a regional in Bridgeport every year, but I guess not. It looks like it's only been 2013, 2016 and 2017...then 2006 before that, so it really hasn't been all that unusual.

In 2013 the regional was supposed to be in Trenton NJ but had to be switched because NJ passed a sports gambling bill.

VN Store

Back