Young/Anderson/Hyatt

How about self interest players?

Again, the coaches and players - the "team!" - aren't complaining; it's just you trying to speak for them.
I get it; no one likes being disappointed but it isn't about you.

Bill Parcells used to never draft a QB that didn't go to college 4 years I think expecting a kid to finish the season and not worry about getting hurt and having a quitting attitude isn't asking to much. When you play in the NFL you could get hurt every week I want someone not scared about it.
Bill Parcells is no longer coaching or relevant to this discussion. And there is a huge ***** difference when you get a game check vs playing in a bowl game

Reactions: NCFisher
You expect them to complain publicly? 😆

You expect them to support them publicly when they don't and instead could say nothing?

I'll repost this for you:
Young/Anderson/Hyatt
Recall TN's '51 NC was marred by a bowl loss, but the NC was determined prior to bowls then. Until CFP and BCS, it left the NC to be subjectively chosen. Nebraska got a piece of the title due to blowing us out in the Orange; had TN won they'd have that piece. Bowl games are now a non-factor in the NC. Early signing neuters bowl wins as a recruiting tool; in effect, recruits are choosing based upon the regular season. As the playoff expands bowls will become completely meaningless instead of mostly meaningless. Their only value will be as fan-fun revenue streams and more importantly practice prep for next season. This is what that looks like.

Coaches - programs - that don't put the player first in this scenario will lose ground. And absolutist turd-heads like Dabo "players that bowl opt-out should opt out the entire season" Swinney will have to adapt, or be yelling at the sky wondering why the sky isn't raining recruits like it used to. CJH is already doing right by the players, and thus the team, program, fans, etc. Some fans don't see it, but they too will have to adapt.

iu

I agree, it IS a different game now. And injuries are real and can happen. I’m not going to say a guy should or shouldn’t play - but I WILL say I don’t “like” anyone sitting out that COULD be on the field. This game still counts as a win or loss and will affect the final ranking. You can bet in 10 years if we finish 11-2 and number 3or4 in the nation we will remember that ranking. And if we lose and finish 10th … we will remember that as well … strong start but losing 3 of the last 5 games and tanking. The record books won’t give points for players sitting out. If the 85 Vols had lost that Sugar Bowl we’re not even talking about them now.

Sure glad we didn't have any "opt-outs" that night

Reactions: Winchester73

VN Store

Back