Yes, it was ugly, but today is a great day

GRN1926

So many of you are angry right now. I am too. What has happened is embarrassing. However, today is the day we finally loosened the grip the Haslams have on this university! This is a positive thing and it's clear this was the only way it was going to happen.

Stop attacking Fulmer. It should be clear now that the Haslams were willing to do whatever it took to retain control. Fulmer, it seems Davenport, and then other boosters were forced by the actions of the Haslams to play their dirty game. Jus look at what has happened since Dickey retired. So what if people had to undermine and sabotage Currie. Drastic times require drastic measures. They did what they had to do to rid the university of the cancer that was killing it. Don't get caught up in the short-term, understand this has played out because it is about the long-term health of the school. Did you want the past 10yrs to continue for the next 10yrs? If no, then understand that this was the only way to stop it otherwise Currie and the Haslams would continue as business as usual.

The Haslams approved of Hamilton, Dooley, and Butch. They back doored Currie into "power", and they fired Fulmer. They have alienated and blacklisted other major donors. They have controlled this university for 15yrs and we have never seen it in a worse position. Over the past week people that work in the school and influential people outside of the school took advantage of the opportunity presented, one that has been coming for some time because the ineptitude of the Haslams was leading to this boiling point, by going to drastic measures to rid itself of their influence. Again, these drastic measures were forced by the Haslams. What else needs to happen to show the Haslams would fight to retain their control at all costs?

This had to be done. It was ugly and it will hurt for awhile, no doubt. However, it had to be done for the long-term benefit of not just TN football but the entire athletics department and university.

Flame away

Reactions: 29 people
No, its still pretty ugly. Sad to see that we could have had Jimbo or others as coach if our AD had any ability. To see him leaving FSU to go the TA&M makes me sick. Mullen just said on Finebaum that Tennessee called him, but sounded like it was a basic call.

No, its still pretty ugly. Sad to see that we could have had Jimbo or others as coach if our AD had any ability. To see him leaving FSU to go the TA&M makes me sick. Mullen just said on Finebaum that Tennessee called him, but sounded like it was a basic call.

This right here is very telling. Its like I have suspected. I dont think Currie really pushed or even offered any of the coaches that we have heard in the past week.

We will see. Phil is on the clock. Don't care if he's a "VFL" on not. It's time to get a damn competent coach. Sinking Leach has me as mad as I've ever been.

Reactions: 1 person
John Currie dropped a bag of marbles on a concrete floor and just could not get them gathered up. Hopefully Phil can get them back in the bag.

Nope, as of now the only thing that happened is that we lost a good coach. Until we hire a better coach today is a nightmarish day

This aint Spurriers Gators. Not even remotely close.

UF is closer to being those gators then we are of being early 2000's Vols. It's December. we don't have a coach, just fired our AD to replace him with another AD that has never done the job either, a list of who's who in the coaching world that have already said they want no part in being here, and all of this will be used against us on the recruiting trail and we can't even start wasting time trying to save our current recruits. this is just the beginning. have you seen the schedule for '18. That's a 2-3 win season. the road is going to be ugly for a long time.

I just went to Haslam the governor's website and asked him and his family to not interfere in Tennessee football. I also asked him and his family to move to Cleveland Ohio where they will be among people that hate them.

Maybe this is a good long term thing, but right now I'm in the "but we lost Leach for this" camp.

Depends. If we lose Leach and hire some crappy coach, then what have we really gained?

Putting Fulmer in as AD has stopped the bleeding, but now we still have to find the right coach to heal this festering wound:cray:

Never have so many owed so much to themselves. But be prepared there will still be casualties from this mess but I can say this maybe their finest hour.

Putting Fulmer in as AD has stopped the bleeding, but now we still have to find the right coach to heal this festering wound:cray:

We don't have a festering wound, we have an incompetent administration.

I think Fulmer gets a blank check.

Fulmer as AD seems to be good news, but it still remains to be seen who Fulmer will hire and it's far too early to start celebrating:popcorn:

So many of you are angry right now. I am too. What has happened is embarrassing. However, today is the day we finally loosened the grip the Haslams have on this university! This is a positive thing and it's clear this was the only way it was going to happen.

Stop attacking Fulmer. It should be clear now that the Haslams were willing to do whatever it took to retain control. Fulmer, it seems Davenport, and then other boosters were forced by the actions of the Haslams to play their dirty game. Jus look at what has happened since Dickey retired. So what if people had to undermine and sabotage Currie. Drastic times require drastic measures. They did what they had to do to rid the university of the cancer that was killing it. Don't get caught up in the short-term, understand this has played out because it is about the long-term health of the school. Did you want the past 10yrs to continue for the next 10yrs? If no, then understand that this was the only way to stop it otherwise Currie and the Haslams would continue as business as usual.

The Haslams approved of Hamilton, Dooley, and Butch. They back doored Currie into "power", and they fired Fulmer. They have alienated and blacklisted other major donors. They have controlled this university for 15yrs and we have never seen it in a worse position. Over the past week people that work in the school and influential people outside of the school took advantage of the opportunity presented, one that has been coming for some time because the ineptitude of the Haslams was leading to this boiling point, by going to drastic measures to rid itself of their influence. Again, these drastic measures were forced by the Haslams. What else needs to happen to show the Haslams would fight to retain their control at all costs?

This had to be done. It was ugly and it will hurt for awhile, no doubt. However, it had to be done for the long-term benefit of not just TN football but the entire athletics department and university.

Flame away

So correct. The fans and a sane group of donors won the day.

Fulmer as AD seems to be good news, but it still remains to be seen who Fulmer will hire and it's far too early to start celebrating:popcorn:

it's Friday. Currie is gone. Flynn is telling the truth about tiny hands. I'm celebrating.

It's a good day....

Like the Allies storming the beach at Normandy...

A foothold established, but work to be done....

VN Store

Back