Yankee fans - Greatest Yankee ever?

Since I played 1st base, Mattingly was always my guy. I always wore #23. I am not a Yankee fan at all. But if I had to pick greatest Yankee it would be Gehrig or Mattingly

Last edited:
Since I played 1st base, Mattingly was always my guy. I always wore #23. I am not a Yankee fan at all. But if I had to pick greatest Yankee it would be Gehrig or Mattingly

Mattingly is my favorite player of all time, and, had he not had the back issues, could have easily been in the conversation here. That said, I gotta believe that Mantle wins this one.

Mattingly is my favorite player of all time, and, had he not had the back issues, could have easily been in the conversation here. That said, I gotta believe that Mantle wins this one.

Babe Ruth is the greatest, to suggest otherwise is moronic...not only was he one of the greatest ( arguably the best ever ) hitter ever but he could have made the Hall as a pitcher as well, he had an incredible record and ERA.

Did a little research, I thought his record was better than it was, still, he had a 94-46 record with a 2.28 ERA. Not to shabby. You couple that with 714 HR, 2,213 RBI and a .342 AVG and you have the greatest player by statistical measure, not just Yankee's but any player.

VN Store

Back