Yall see the kid that we recently offered?

Just watched his highlights. Looks good! Highlight reels always look good though and I've never watched him play live. Maybe I'll see what I can dig up later. Looked tall, fast, athletic. Can shoot from all over. Can drive the basket and get above the rim. Wonder how he is defensively.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I just read that Florida signed a kid out of Canada that is 7'8"! What the hell are they feeding these kids?

Just watched his highlights. Looks good! Highlight reels always look good though and I've never watched him play live. Maybe I'll see what I can dig up later. Looked tall, fast, athletic. Can shoot from all over. Can drive the basket and get above the rim. Wonder how he is defensively.
Doesn't look to be as explosive as Dalton in attacking the bucket but Knecht is a bit of a unicorn. Not getting another one of those I suspect...at least in my lifetime. Don't see the so-called "pro lift" as compared to Knecht either. Love his vision and passing tho. Gonna miss the big 3 we lose, but I'm kinda excited by change and the thought of these new faces.

46.5% from 3. That's all I need to know. And at 6'7" he should still be able to get his shot, even with better competition.

There will never be another Knecht. We desperately need a shooter.

Cade Tyson.

Kid looks insane in his highlight film

Looks to be a Knecht-like player

Hope we land him
Posted this on Tuesday in the portal thread.

Not sure we can get in the mix but I like his stats and we have DK to thank and may give us an advantage. We will need a little more offense to replace DK.

Cade Tyson full list of teams is as follows: Kansas, Oregon, Florida, Auburn, Texas, Indiana, Wisconsin, Colorado, Miami, Penn State, Butler, NC State, UCF and Ole Miss.

At 6-foot-7, Tyson can play at the guard and forward spots, shooting extremely efficiently throughout his career with a 49.2% field goal percentage and a 44.6% 3-point percentage. That is the third-best percentage from beyond the arc in Division I this season.

This past season he started in all 30 games for Belmont, increasing his production with 16.2 points, 1.6 assists, and a team-leading 4.8 rebounds per game. He was named Second-Team All-MVC following the season after posting 24 double-digit scoring games and nine games with 20 or more points.

Reactions:garyp194 and Hank Patrowski

His size, style of play and skill set is very Knecht-like. He's not as long as Knecht and I doubt he'd be as effective as
Knecht was against top competition, but he's tough-minded, likes to go to the hole and he can shoot. Definitely a player
to pursue. The fact that a player very much like him excelled with the Vols--first team AA--certainly should get his attention.

Duke, North Carolina and Kentucky have all offered so I'm sure the VOLS are not at the front of the line unless his sister goes to school at UTK.
Why not? Our BB team has been pretty darn good under coach Barnes. We've actually started landing high quality top 50 prospects.

Reactions: EasternVol
46% from 3 is pretty crazy. He attempted 172 shots and made and made 80 last year. Also 85% from the free throw line.

VN Store

Back