XFL is here

The answer is easy. Make your League the opposite of the NFL. The biggest issue I see honestly will be star power .

Not sure what that means. If the trick is to make it the opposite of the NFL, then you would avoid stars, right?

Not sure what that means. If the trick is to make it the opposite of the NFL, then you would avoid stars, right?

It means . No unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and more crazy celebrations. Give us kickoffs back , and NO PATRIOTS

If Vince wants to make the XFL Work he has to spend money . WWE and XFL Work the same . He needs to spend big bucks on a quarterback that will draw in people . Also needs to spend a little bit to at least get one recognizable player per team

They won’t be able to spend the same amounts on contracts initially, that’s just the reality of their situation.

And honestly, what you’re describing here would pretty much turn into trying to make sure to sign guys like Tebow and Manziel into the league much more than signing someone like Bray, though.

To me, that's the opportunity. Make something that is attractive for kids leaving HS and wanting to get paid instead of being subjected to the NFL/NCAA cartel arrangement. Hard part is generating fan interest and surviving any change to the current entry restrictions to the NFL.

That’s going to be a pretty bad product on the field. Not to mention, it would pretty much turn the XFL’s M.O. into “out-competition college football” rather than the NFL.

It means . No unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and more crazy celebrations. Give us kickoffs back , and NO PATRIOTS

The NFL already started allowing more elaborate celebrations this year. I'm not sure how much crazier you are wanting them. And I must have missed when the NFL stopped doing kickoffs.

That’s going to be a pretty bad product on the field. Not to mention, it would pretty much turn the XFL’s M.O. into “out-competition college football” rather than the NFL.

Do you think that college football is a bad product on the field? And yes it would, but why is that a bad plan. Do you see how much money is being made in college football? The challenge would be to build the brand that college football has with each fanbase.

I don't understand the bad product argument. Lack of star power, yes. But, as long as the players are talented and the competition is good then there won't be any problems in that arena.

It's like saying nobody would watch college football because they're merely amateur athletes, and most won't ever step foot on an NFL field.

Do you think that college football is a bad product on the field? And yes it would, but why is that a bad plan. Do you see how much money is being made in college football? The challenge would be to build the brand that college football has with each fanbase.

Looks like you beat me to it.

I don't understand the bad product argument. Lack of star power, yes. But, as long as the players are talented and the competition is good then there won't be any problems in that arena.

It's like saying nobody would watch college football because they're merely amateur athletes, and most won't ever step foot on an NFL field.

Probably basing on the first go around with the XFL; the on field product was terrible.

But you have a fanbase that's tied to schools in NCAA and college does have star power.

This guy is the next Cam Newton vs. This guy was supposed to be the next Cam Newton

Will flop again. Did like watching Duff play in the XFL. Went to a game in Memphis. Just can’t get enough people to show

Would never happen.

So are players right out of high school going to be able to play in the XFL? If so, it’ll make a larger impact on the NCAA and NFL than people realize. A bunch of these college athletes come from nothing, and they’ll find the quickest way to get some money.

So are players right out of high school going to be able to play in the XFL? If so, it’ll make a larger impact on the NCAA and NFL than people realize. A bunch of these college athletes come from nothing, and they’ll find the quickest way to get some money.

Not if it’s only for $30-$50k.

He's going to have to pony up a heck of a lot more than $100 million if he's going to get any of them to come over. The old XFL the players made at most about $50K, no way anyone who can still get an NFL backup job turns their back on NFL money for that.

I’m not so sure. I think it’ll come down to individual circumstances, what’s important to the individual. If I’m a back up o lineman in the NFL if I know my chances to play are slim and I have issues with the NFL and the money is that far off I may be XFL mobile. Initially scout team players will be interested and take a lot of players like ray rice, Terrell Owens if negotiations are open. Bottom line is will the consumers buy in and create a market?

I’m not so sure. I think it’ll come down to individual circumstances, what’s important to the individual. If I’m a back up o lineman in the NFL if I know my chances to play are slim and I have issues with the NFL and the money is that far off I may be XFL mobile. Initially scout team players will be interested and take a lot of players like ray rice, Terrell Owens if negotiations are open. Bottom line is will the consumers buy in and create a market?

What circumstances?

Do you seriously believe any NFL player would give up the NFL league minimum (which is almost half a million a year) to go play for a fraction of that, simply because they could play? Scout team members can make about $130K a year. That's not even gettting into benefits which the NFL's will no doubt be far superior.

And do you seriously think guys like Lewis and Owens, who just make the HOF, are going to come out of retirement to play?

This is getting comical. You guys are thinking like teenagers worrying about playing time in high school.

VN Store

Back