Xbox One

Microsoft is releasing an all digital Xbox One S. Interested to see how it sells

And having it running the older hardware doesn't seem like it will help either, until Xmas. Bet there will be good deals then.
I'm sure the X will have good deals then too. I see zero reason to buy an all digital system. My X acts as my DVD player as well (in the spare room).

I'm sure the X will have good deals then too. I see zero reason to buy an all digital system. My X acts as my DVD player as well (in the spare room).
I haven't watched a DVD in years seeing as how I have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon prime. If theres a new release I want to see I just rent it from the xbox store for like 5 bucks. The only physical copy of a game I have is GTA5. Wouldnt be surprised if future consoles go this route all together.

I haven't watched a DVD in years seeing as how I have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon prime. If theres a new release I want to see I just rent it from the xbox store for like 5 bucks. The only physical copy of a game I have is GTA5. Wouldn't be surprised if future consoles go this route all together.
I'd rather rent it for $2 from Red Box. And unless they offer trade in for digital games, I think it'll be awhile before disks go away

I'd rather rent it for $2 from Red Box. And unless they offer trade in for digital games, I think it'll be awhile before disks go away
I understand your thought process but to me it's worth 3 or 4 dollars to not have to leave my house to rent a movie. And I always hated trading games in because they give you 1/4 of what you paid for it. I'd rather just keep it in case I decide to play it again. If you play a lot of sports games trading makes a lot of sense though.

I understand your thought process but to me it's worth 3 or 4 dollars to not have to leave my house to rent a movie. And I always hated trading games in because they give you 1/4 of what you paid for it. I'd rather just keep it in case I decide to play it again. If you play a lot of sports games trading makes a lot of sense though.

Yeah I went all digital about 4 years ago and havent looked back. My entire PS4 library is digital and being able to jump from one game to another almost instantly is fantastic. I swear having your game library in digital form is like the invention of the TV "clicker" to change channels! Once you have it, you have no desire to go back. Plus I haven't bought any physical movies (other than the Star Wars stuff) in a VERY long time. I just dont see the point anymore. The older I get, the less $hit I want taking up room in my house. I have shelves and shelves of blu rays and DVD's that I bought over the years. Why? Most of them I can count on one hand the number of times I watched them and some i probably never got around to watching. Just wasted money if you ask me.

Yeah I went all digital about 4 years ago and havent looked back. My entire PS4 library is digital and being able to jump from one game to another almost instantly is fantastic. I swear having your game library in digital form is like the invention of the TV "clicker" to change channels! Once you have it, you have no desire to go back. Plus I haven't bought any physical movies (other than the Star Wars stuff) in a VERY long time. I just dont see the point anymore. The older I get, the less $hit I want taking up room in my house. I have shelves and shelves of blu rays and DVD's that I bought over the years. Why? Most of them I can count on one hand the number of times I watched them and some i probably never got around to watching. Just wasted money if you ask me.
I've often thought the same thing. Most movies (or CDs for that matter) have just sat around since purchase. If only I could go back in time

VN Store

Back