Xavier game

They beat Gardner Webb 83-59 in their only game of the season so far.

It was actually a more uptempo game than any they'd had last season. 73 possessions in regulation. That may mean that Xavier will look to play faster this season than they did last season.

Their D against GW was not particularly impressive: letting the Runnin' Bulldogs shoot .463 from 2 and get 14 assists off 21 made baskets. Where Xavier really excelled was rebounding, out rebounding the Bulldogs 45-27, and grabbing 13 offensive boards to GW's 6.

Stainbrook, a big 6'10" Jr. Center transfer from Western Michigan, grabbed 12 boards (5 offensive) and scored 13 pts in only 21 minutes of action.

James Farr, a 6'9" backup forward, grabbed 9 boards and 10 points in 13 minutes.

Semaj Christon (their best player, 2 guard) played over 30+ minutes and put up forgettable numbers.

Their starting PG Dee Davis has a concussion and did not play, he's day to day and his status for the UT game is unsure.

Rebounding will be huge, we should out rebound them, if we don't that's bad news. If Davis can't play that would be huge news as well though.

They outrebounded us year by 16. Stokes went to the bench early and never really got going. Yemi was Yemi. It was an ugly affair.

Christon was 1 for 9 against us last year with Josh in his grill most of the time. If Josh can limit this guy again that'll be huge. Taylor - their leading scorer from that game - is gone.

They outrebounded us year by 16. Stokes went to the bench early and never really got going. Yemi was Yemi. It was an ugly affair.

Christon was 1 for 9 against us last year with Josh in his grill most of the time. If Josh can limit this guy again that'll be huge. Taylor - their leading scorer from that game - is gone.

Seems like this year's Xavier team may be more focused on their post men than on Davis and Christon this year.

Seems like a tough start for us but I think we match up ok on paper.

Gonna have to take Wednesday off so I can go up to the bar and watch this one :D

My biggest worry is Stokes (and to a lesser extent Maymon) getting the early hook because of fouls.

In fact, that's my default worry for the rest of the season (cupcake games excluded).

Seems like a tough start for us but I think we match up ok on paper.

Gonna have to take Wednesday off so I can go up to the bar and watch this one :D

We match up more than "ok" on paper. We should have the advantage at spots 2-5.

No. When has he ever been defined as playing the 3? Richardson has always been in the 3 spot.

I keep being told that Richardson was playing the two last season and stuck Christon. I see nothing to suggest that this will be any different on Tuesday.

But beside the point, McRae is better than anyone for Xavier. I'd call Christon v. Richardson a wash.

I keep being told that Richardson was playing the two last season and stuck Christon. I see nothing to suggest that this will be any different on Tuesday.

But beside the point, McRae is better than anyone for Xavier. I'd call Christon v. Richardson a wash.

I've associated McRae with the 2 spot because of scoring and what he was projected in the NBA. I think he doesn't guard the 2 spot most of the time but I still think McRae is still the 2 guard. Still makes sense to me. But yes I agree.

They out rebounded us last year but we improved tremendously!

Stokes this year > Stokes last year
Maymon > Hall
Pops > Yemi

My biggest concern is will Barton be able to play. I think we can win without him but it will be tough. Let's hope Richardson can shut down Christon and Hubbs can get us some points off the bench like he has been!

Just because Richardson guarded Christon doesn't mean he was the 2, Richardson guarded PGs last year , he wasn't a 1.

When lineups are listed McRae is the 2 and Josh the 3

Just because Richardson guarded Christon doesn't mean he was the 2, Richardson guarded PGs last year , he wasn't a 1.

When lineups are listed McRae is the 2 and Josh the 3

If Richardson is matching up with Christon, that's all I'm concerned with. The rest of this is not relevant.

VN Store

Back