X-Men Universe vs DCEU vs MCU

It's coming from people dating back to his Buffy* days. Snyder is just the one in charge of steering this JL ship that is destined to fail. Snyder may be the only one blackballing currently, but it seems it's going that way. I have no problem with an industry banding together and saying "this dude is an ***hole and we're not going to work with him."

*I keep seeing the headlines pop up from different actors but the only article I read (because my wife is such a fan) was about Whedon yelling at the actor who played Spike in Buffy and berating him because he became such a popular character. The bosses made Whedon bring Spike back when he never intended for the story to go there and he took it out on Spike, LOL. I don't think this incident is especially harsh, but it does make him sound like a psychopath.

It certainly would seem like he's a bit of a power tripping douche at work. But I would assume there are quite a few of those types running around in that world just like there are many running around the corporate world.

The stuff from Cyborg seems weird. Maybe there is truth in it all at the end of whatever process he is going through. So far, he's just tweeted out some veiled stuff with no specifics and says he has been building a case for 2 years so that it will be bullet proof. Why start tweeting out vague stuff if you are looking to be bullet proof? Guess we will find out eventually......or we won't.

It certainly would seem like he's a bit of a power tripping douche at work. But I would assume there are quite a few of those types running around in that world just like there are many running around the corporate world.

The stuff from Cyborg seems weird. Maybe there is truth in it all at the end of whatever process he is going through. So far, he's just tweeted out some veiled stuff with no specifics and says he has been building a case for 2 years so that it will be bullet proof. Why start tweeting out vague stuff if you are looking to be bullet proof? Guess we will find out eventually......or we won't.

It's nothing new in the industry but it might be changing. It was probably accepted because people were afraid. Somebody like Fisher might not have felt empowered to speak up 10-20 years ago. Right or wrong, the internet changes everything. Not only does he have the ability to directly address the public, but the public's opinion is now stronger than ever.

It's nothing new in the industry but it might be changing. It was probably accepted because people were afraid. Somebody like Fisher might not have felt empowered to speak up 10-20 years ago. Right or wrong, the internet changes everything. Not only does he have the ability to directly address the public, but the public's opinion is now stronger than ever.

I worry about the slippery slope of reactionary mob rule. The public often gets it wrong because they do not have all of the facts. And even when they do, they often react on emotion and not logic.

There is a reason that most corporations and government agencies run an investigation on these sorts of accusations - if done well, they are done anonymously/privately. I'm not aware of what process studios have, though. Maybe nothing.

I worry about the slippery slope of reactionary mob rule. The public often gets it wrong because they do not have all of the facts. And even when they do, they often react on emotion and not logic.

There is a reason that most corporations and government agencies run an investigation on these sorts of accusations - if done well, they are done anonymously/privately. I'm not aware of what process studios have, though. Maybe nothing.

There are flaws either way, whether it's the reactionary mob or the self-preserving decision-makers. The fact that Weinstein got away with what he did for so long makes me worry a little more about the latter.

VN Store

Back