WWE Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
For such a garbage set of writers, that was just so well done. It was believable in a "reality" in which nothing is believable.

if they want a halfway successful ppv, though, it'd certainly help

In this case, I'm assuming the ball is in Punk's or Sting's court. It's up to them if they want to show up.

But, WWE needs to be doing all they can and pulling out all the stops, especially since network subscriptions will be up soon.

like who is going to pay money for 2 rematches with different stipulations, Barrett v. RVD, Sheamus v. Cesaro, and Rusev v. E

Reactions: 1 person
like who is going to pay money for 2 rematches with different stipulations, Barrett v. RVD, Sheamus v. Cesaro, and Rusev v. E

This. The card is unbelievably weak. I think the matches can be good (I'm one of the few that thinks Cena is pretty good in the ring though), but there just isn't much build up to it and all the matches were set up horribly. With no signs of Sting or Punk returning, it would be a waste to have one of them show up tonight because I don't think there will be many viewers. CM Punk has already stated he's going to be in Chicago, in an arena. Just not the Payback on. He says he has Game 7 tickets for the Blackhawks game. And the Sting stuff has gone mysteriously quiet for about three weeks. I can't imagine anyone paying for this PPV honestly.

The Blackhawks forced a game 7 in Chicago that is being play at United Center at the same time that Payback is taking place a couple of miles down the road at the Allstate Arena. Punk is a huge Blackhawks fan. It'll be funny if he's seen at the game while the PPV is going on in the same city.

I'd be shocked if Punk chants aren't ringing during every single match except Wyatt/Cena and maybe Shield/Evolution. Also, I expect very loud eruptions every time the Blackhawks score.

This. The card is unbelievably weak. I think the matches can be good (I'm one of the few that thinks Cena is pretty good in the ring though), but there just isn't much build up to it and all the matches were set up horribly. With no signs of Sting or Punk returning, it would be a waste to have one of them show up tonight because I don't think there will be many viewers. CM Punk has already stated he's going to be in Chicago, in an arena. Just not the Payback on. He says he has Game 7 tickets for the Blackhawks game. And the Sting stuff has gone mysteriously quiet for about three weeks. I can't imagine anyone paying for this PPV honestly.

The Blackhawks forced a game 7 in Chicago that is being play at United Center at the same time that Payback is taking place a couple of miles down the road at the Allstate Arena. Punk is a huge Blackhawks fan. It'll be funny if he's seen at the game while the PPV is going on in the same city.

Is this thing on?:compute:

They need something like a Punk return to boost the ratings for Layback.

again though, with no rumors of a Punk return, no one is going to buy Payback, so what good does it do to have him return tonight? I must be on a lot of people's block list!

again though, with no rumors of a Punk return, no one is going to buy Payback, so what good does it do to have him return tonight? I must be on a lot of people's block list!

No, I agree with you lol. I'm just saying that the card is weak. If there were rumors, or they had built it up going into "Layback" it would've sold a lot more. I honestly think Punk is done.

No, I agree with you lol. I'm just saying that the card is weak. If there were rumors, or they had built it up going into "Layback" it would've sold a lot more. I honestly think Punk is done.

He thinks he's done for sure IMO. but like everyone else, he'll have a hard time staying out of the ring. For Punk though, he might find just as much as enjoyment in the indie circuit, in Mexico, Japan or something like that. A part of his ego might want him back in WWE again though.

and. it's "The Layback PPV" not just "Layback"

Reactions: 1 person
He thinks he's done for sure IMO. but like everyone else, he'll have a hard time staying out of the ring. For Punk though, he might find just as much as enjoyment in the indie circuit, in Mexico, Japan or something like that. A part of his ego might want him back in WWE again though.

giving you the thumbs up back for the layback ppv

Haha excuse me for not putting PPV in there, honest mistake, I guess putting PPV is best for business. But you're right, I just think for right now he's done....that's not to say he won't come back at some point though.

I'm still of the opinion that punk's "retirement" is a work. He crapped his pants on Smackdown in December due to a concussion and then got concussed during the rumble and was never seen again. They shut him down IMO. Too much heat on this concussion deal.

He will be back.

I'm still of the opinion that punk's "retirement" is a work. He crapped his pants on Smackdown in December due to a concussion and then got concussed during the rumble and was never seen again. They shut him down IMO. Too much heat on this concussion deal.

He will be back.

wait...huh

and right off the bat, he's not here

now are we to think, unlike the last time he did this, Punk actually WILL be there?

A ridiculous end to that match. Beyond freaking stupid.

oh...ok let's just have a random match with absolutely no lead up whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back