WV vs Tenn Stadium Poll(Go Vote)

I will say Neyland has lost some of it's bite. I remember as a student back in the early 90's you never sat down, no one left until the game was over, and the crowd noise was oppressive. Now it is quiet, everyone is seated, and the place empties out after the half. A few good seasons should change that though.

I love it when people like BlueHalo go spouting off without any idea about what they are talking about...and then get ambushed with the facts.

Take some time and do a little research before you post next time.

Off the top of my head the following SEC teams played at WVU in the past 10 years: LSU, Auburn, Missouri, Mississippi State.

WVU's stadium is bigger than Vandy (obviously) and the same size as Kentucky, Ole Miss, and Miss St.

LSU damned the experience for not having enough tickets and the way they were treated.
LSU fans beaten in traffic after WVU game | Crime/Police | theadvocate.com

Auburn much of the same.
West Virginia: The Worst Fans In College Football? - College and Magnolia

Missouri doesn't even sell out their own stadium, so N/A.

Mississippi State doesn't have a contingent that travels, or a national fanbase like we do.

Point remains, it would be a terrible home and home for us. As that one thread pointed out, we're playing them because we want Charlotte exposure. We don't need any exposure in West Virginia of all places.

Edit: I see the white trash symbol under your avatar now, so NVM. Thought you were trying to actually make a point and not troll.

LSU damned the experience for not having enough tickets and the way they were treated.

Auburn much of the same.

Mississippi State doesn't have a contingent that travels, or a national fanbase like we do.

Point remains, it would be a terrible home and home for us. As that one thread pointed out, we're playing them because we want Charlotte exposure. We don't need any exposure in West Virginia of all places.

Edit: I see the white trash symbol under your avatar now, so NVM. Thought you were trying to actually make a point and not troll.

No trolling here friend. I have a Bachelors from UTK and a Masters from WVU. Lived in Morgantown for a number of years and also worked for WVU. FWIW I was also employed by UT while a student. So let's not mistake trolling with sharing first hand experience from both schools and being objective. I'll excuse the white trash comment as innocent ignorance.

Your original point was that the stadium is too small for SEC schools. I replied stating the stadium is bigger or the same size at 4 SEC stadiums. Which, by the way, the last time UT played at each of those 4 stadiums they lost. So stadium size is irrelevant. I look at OOC games as the great match ups we can see against teams that UT doesn't play every year, not how great the ratings will be in X market.

The home team is not obligated to provide every away team fan with a ticket. If you can't get a ticket from the away allotment, buy a ticket on the secondary market.

No trolling here friend. I have a Bachelors from UTK and a Masters from WVU. Lived in Morgantown for a number of years and also worked for WVU. FWIW I was also employed by UT while a student. So let's not mistake trolling with sharing first hand experience from both schools and being objective. I'll excuse the white trash comment as innocent ignorance.

I was actually always told that the "W" in WV stood for "Whitetrash" as well. It certainly couldn't be west, considering there is no "East Virginia".

More of a silly joke, by the way.

West Virginia won't be a Power 5 team for very much longer anyway. Texas and Oklahoma are itching to finish off the Big12.

Your original point was that the stadium is too small for SEC schools. I replied stating the stadium is bigger or the same size at 4 SEC stadiums. Which, by the way, the last time UT played at each of those 4 stadiums they lost. So stadium size is irrelevant. I look at OOC games as the great match ups we can see against teams that UT doesn't play every year, not how great the ratings will be in X market.

The home team is not obligated to provide every away team fan with a ticket. If you can't get a ticket from the away allotment, buy a ticket on the secondary market.

Bro, lighten up. This is a thread about a twitter poll and you're over here making a pros and cons list like what I was saying wasn't meant to be facetious.

I too have a degree from WVU, calm down.

Don’t have Twitter... who won? Tennessee is historically known for being crazy loud... so the results don’t really matter

Don’t have Twitter... who won? Tennessee is historically known for being crazy loud... so the results don’t really matter

Ain’t winning this one! Down 46% to 54% with one hour left! Zuckerberg donate internet to these third world goobers?

Auburn much of the same.

Against my better judgement, as I think it will fall on deaf ears, I'd like to point out that all the stories about the LSU fan that was beaten were discredited when the wife of the man beaten gave an interview and said it had nothing to do with football fans. They were not wearing any observable LSU gear and the attackers had no WVU gear. Edit: Nothing about football was mentioned by the parties involved. It can't be a fight between fans if there was no recognition they were opposing fans.

I will concede that the fact that the guy got beaten by anybody in Morgantown is a bit of a black eye for the town. That said random violence occurs everywhere.

Below is an article from an LSU writer's (SBNation) experience at the game. Since I doubt you'll read it, here is the salient point in a nut shell.

---"I was genuinely impressed with the rambunctiousness of the small-by-SEC standards but nonetheless packed house."

---"Overall, I'd grade the entire atmosphere in Morgantown very highly."

---"I found the people of West Virginia to be very welcoming and friendly, with a chant of "Eat **** Pitt" being able to smooth over most rough edges. It is, in my opinion, an SEC atmosphere..."

It wasn't gratuitous praise as he does highlight a few areas for improvement.

Thoughts From The South Endzone: West Virginia, Wild and Wonderful - And The Valley Shook

Or how about the openly bigoted WVU fans who threw bottles at Ernie Davis mentioned in the other article?. He says there is no evidence it ever happened but fails to mention there is incontrovertible evidence it didn't happen. That game wasn't played in Morgantown as depicted. It was played in Syracuse. I guess the director needed a "racist" antagonist to help highlight the accomplishments of Ernie Davis more than he needed historical accuracy.

Would you like me to tell you about a WVU fan defecating in the GaTech band member's seat during halftime of our bowl game?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back