'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

My nephew is 18 months old about 3 ft tall wearing 4 year old clothes. He may be destined for the bball team though. Haha

That's about where he was at that age.

Right now he is an inch taller than his 9 year old brother. And he outweighs him by 40 pounds. Ridiculous.

My son will be ready for class of 2025!! Ha! He's 10 and 5'2, 125 already!

This kid is from the same hs Riley Locklear is from I believe.

Never mind, just read locklear went to Spring Valley, and this kid is at Huntington High.

Wright plays at Huntington High, which is where OL Billy Ross went (signed with UNC same year as Locklear).

Hope we get him, but I have a feeling our 2019 class will be as impressive as our 2014 class was, at the time. Maybe more impressive top to bottom.

"I still have heavy interest in Tennessee," Wright said. "I'm looking for the environment and to see how the new coaches are. I've been there before, but to see how the new coaching staff interacts is important. Every college has good things and good stuff, but I'm going to be there for four years so I need to get along with the people there."

"I talk to Trey Smith a little bit," Wright said. "I don't know him know him, but we talk. I know Riley (Locklear) and it helps knowing that someone from where I'm from is there." He's spoken on the phone to parts of the new Tennessee staff including Will Friend and Brian Niedermeyer. "He seemed like a good guy," Wright said. "He just talked about how important I am to them. That they really like me and I'm looking forward to getting down there."

Ohio State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Miami, Alabama join the Vols among several other schools in the chase for Wright. Last weekend, he was at the U.S. Army All-American combine for underclassmen in San Antonio. He got to compete and the very reserved Wright was careful in his critique. "I thought I did well," Wright said. "I lost a rep or two, but I thought I did well overall. I just like to compete and those things make me better because of the competition."

The 6-foot-6 and 280 pound Wright is a mountain in person. He's very impressive, but still understands how far he is away from being the player he wants to be. It's all about improvement and he's dedicated to that every day.

"I can see where my game has improved since last year. Just the little things like my footwork and my steps that go into it. I've learned a lot and I've gotten stronger. I tend to lose a little bit of strength during basketball, but I'll get it back."

Wright is scheduled to travel to Knoxville on Saturday and will checkout Virginia Tech on Sunday. All of that is pending because a snow storm that is slated to hit West Virginia in the next couple of days.

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
Should be there, no snow now, just rain in the forecast. Calling for a little bit of snow first of next week, but nothing this weekend.

his coach just text me to let me know they have 6 inches or so and growing plus ice. Followed that with Will Friend is coming this week and that DW plans on coming down in the next few weeks.

- Price

Reactions: 3 people
55 degrees yesterday here in western PA. Dropped 40 and added 8 inches. Ice everywhere. Legit reason not to show.

Pruitt will spend Friday morning with 5-star offensive tackle Darnell Wright in Huntington, West Virginia. Lincoln Riley, Kirby Smart, James Franklin, Mark Richt and Urban Meyer have all been by in the last week, and you can add Pruitt to the list that think the massive offensive tackle is important.

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
His Head Coach:

[twitter]https://twitter.com/billyseals47/status/959774278169387013[/twitter]

Next up on "As VN Turns"....

Is Ron Swanson a Sunshine Pumper or a suspected lying insider who should be tarred and feathered?

latest

VN Store

Back