Wright closing in on UT all time leading rusher

VolForLife83

Jabari Small has a much better chance at breaking the record imo. He needs 1016 yards with 4 games left this season.

If Small stays healthy, and has an incredible offseason, he can be ready for his super senior season. Heup has proven he will distribute carries and play multiple backs.

Wright will get drafted if he finishes this season like he is playing now.

He's probably gone. Running Backs don't have a long shelf life. It's just the nature of the position. I'll be happy as a lark if he returns. But, I wouldn't blame him if he decides to go get paid.
Agreed. He hasn’t gotten as much hype, but honestly Jaylen is kinda this year’s Jalin (Hyatt). Having a monster year. Hoping for him to come back feels almost greedy.

Jabari Small has a much better chance at breaking the record imo. He needs 1016 yards with 4 games left this season.

If Small stays healthy, and has an incredible offseason, he can be ready for his super senior season. Heup has proven he will distribute carries and play multiple backs.

Wright will get drafted if he finishes this season like he is playing now.
I would not at all be upset by Jabari coming back and being the “old man” in the running back room, splitting carries with Sampson and Seldon next year. It’s easy to overlook what we have with him: he was a two-year starter prior to this season and a very solid SEC back.

Agreed. He hasn’t gotten as much hype, but honestly Jaylen is kinda this year’s Jalin (Hyatt). Having a monster year. Hoping for him to come back feels almost greedy.
He'll get drafted for sure. He's earned it. He could suprise me. But, short of an NIL Brink's truck, I'm not sure what he has gain by staying. Tennessee has a deep running back room. It'll be fine. Guys leaving early is what success looks like.

He'll get drafted for sure. He's earned it. He could suprise me. But, short of an NIL Brink's truck, I'm not sure what he has gain by staying. Tennessee has a deep running back room. It'll be fine. Guys leaving early is what success looks like.
Yup. Hopefully Seldon can fill those shoes. He and Keith can bring a dimension we haven’t had at tailback in a while with their size. Moreover, if Sampson has the kind of growth from sophomore season to junior season Wright has had, sheesh.

I think we’ve got a good one in Jerry Mack. Hell, Patrick Wilk looks like he could be in the two-deep at a group of five school.

Yup. Hopefully Seldon can fill those shoes. He and Keith can bring a dimension we haven’t had at tailback in a while with their size. Moreover, if Sampson has the kind of growth from sophomore season to junior season Wright has had, sheesh.

I think we’ve got a good one in Jerry Mack. Hell, Patrick Wilk looks like he could be in the two-deep at a group of five school.
Sampson feels like he's always a step away from breaking one. It'll be running back by committee again. But I'm not upset about that after the last 2 years.

I think Heup has proven he can change things up based on what's working. Who would've guessed we would have such a dynamic running attack, with the passing game taking a back seat this year? Next year will probably look different again.

Be nice to have him back next year.

The all-time record for rushing yards in a career at Tennessee is 3,078 by Travis Henry (1997-2000). That means that Wright is just 968 yards away from the all-time rushing record at UT. And he has a year of eligibility remaining.

I’ve said since wrights first game, he’s a baller! Best rb since Kamara, and right behind him is Sampson who may have another gear then Jaylen, but imo Wright has the vision and the moves in between the 7 is crazy good.
He gone and will be someone we can watch in the nfl boys. Proud of em!!

Where he may get drafted matters.

Unfortunately, in the NFL RBs are a dime a dozen. He may get drafted, but it won't be before the 3rd IMO.

Last edited:
Don’t mind if he goes to the NFL… he deserves it and honestly would be perfectly ok with Sampson and Cam back there next year. Win win. Although him staying would be awesome.

Reactions: Plove23
Reactions: NEO
Where he may get drafted matters.

Unfortunately, in the NFL RBs are a dime a dozen. He may get drafted, but it won't be before the 3ed IMO.

NFL running bacls like Jim Brown and Barry Sanders were the gold standards for running backs.

VN Store

Back