Worst Neyland experience?

First time I ever walked into Neyland Stadium I was arrested by Knoxville's finest for being drunk. It was a 1:00 game and I hadn't drank a drop of alcohol (was planning on doing that at the post game tailgate)

How on Earth did you manage to get arrested for being drunk when you weren't drinking?

Mine also... My 5 yr. old son said he would never watch a UT game again as we where walking out. And a lady told him she'd been saying that for years and it would be OK. It was a sad but priceless moment... Never give up..GBO

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gVQ1tNN3gA[/youtube]

Happens everywhere! :p

How on Earth did you manage to get arrested for being drunk when you weren't drinking?
Never got an answer to that question. It was an hour before the game and I went in to look at the stadium and watch warmups. I had just walked out of the second deck concourse and was standing there not moving looking at the field and surroundings in amazement. About 10 rows down 2 cops were standing there talking and there wasn't anybody else around. They started walking up the steps like they were going to go out so I moved over a couple of steps to not be in their way. As they walked by me one grabbed my arm and said let's go, you're coming with us. I said what for and he said you're drunk to which I replied I haven't been drinking. He didn't care. The only thing I can surmise is that I had fairly long hair and it was 1971. :popcorn:

Reactions: 6 people
I believe you are thinking about 04 Notre Dame or 05 LSU with the Ainge injury. But that 06 team was ridiculous. I was at the SEC Champ game against LSU that year. (and 2001) ugh!

No he's right - Ainge got hurt on a bootleg run at South Carolina in 2006.

Ainge tried to play vs LSU the next week, but was too slowed by his gimpy ankle. Crompton came in and had a couple of long TDs to Meachem.

Arkansas destroyed us the next week with Crompton getting the start.

No he's right - Ainge got hurt on a bootleg run at South Carolina in 2006.

Ainge tried to play vs LSU the next week, but was too slowed by his gimpy ankle. Crompton came in and had a couple of long TDs to Meachem.

Arkansas destroyed us the next week with Crompton getting the start.

Ah. Good call. I forgot how many times Ainge got hurt. Kinda surprising.

UF 2002 monsoon, 2003 UGA fumble to end the half, 2004 Barn game blowout and I got tossed for having mini bottles by KPD, double whammy.

My dad, my best friend and I made the 14 hr drive from FL for the 2002 game. Left about 3pm on Friday after we got out of school and drove all night. Somewhere north of ATL I woke up to us hydroplaning on I-75. Hit the guard-rail in the median and did about $4k worth of damage to my grandparents Corolla. Dad wanted to use their car for gas mileage vs our SUV and ended up demolition derbying it. The weather and game outcome topped off a "stellar" weekend.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, I am not going to include the game results. But I sat next to the Fatterson family during a game. The father, mother, son, and daughter, took up six seats instead of four. Da g, that was brutal.

1990 Alabama game. Was the day I decided that a UT loss would never upset me again. Nothing I can do to change the outcomes so no reason to get despondent over a loss by a bunch of college kids.

My dad used to get us tickets to maybe a game a year back in the 70s. Somehow he always got them in the bleachers in the endzone area. This was before the bowl was finished, but the bleachers were metal and the games were typically late in the season. I don't do well with cold. Those bleachers were COLD. No particular game, but I froze.

2002 Arkansas: 6 Overtime Game

Some douche threw their gum from the upper deck and it landed in my now-wife's hair.

She was a student at UGA at the time. I had to hear about how bad UT fans were for the next half decade until she eventually forgot about it.
Thanks a lot gum guy.

I brought 4 airplane bottles to this game. "One for each quarter, unless there is an OT we should be good"

I believe you are thinking about 04 Notre Dame or 05 LSU with the Ainge injury. But that 06 team was ridiculous. I was at the SEC Champ game against LSU that year. (and 2001) ugh!

Wrong year brotato chip. That was the 06 LSU game. The SEC Championship you're talking about was in 2007.

My dad used to get us tickets to maybe a game a year back in the 70s. Somehow he always got them in the bleachers in the endzone area. This was before the bowl was finished, but the bleachers were metal and the games were typically late in the season. I don't do well with cold. Those bleachers were COLD. No particular game, but I froze.
I did that too. I remember on Vandy v UT game that it was freezing in those bleachers. Wind came straight up to your butt with nothing to block it.

Wrong year brotato chip. That was the 06 LSU game. The SEC Championship you're talking about was in 2007.

Pretty sure he was thinking 1st half of '05 LSU on Monday night after Katrina. Nothing injured except maybe Ainge's confidence, pride and ego.

Ainge ankle injury in '06 was at SCar the week before LSU in Neyland.

Pretty sure he was thinking 1st half of '05 LSU on Monday night after Katrina. Nothing injured except maybe Ainge's confidence, pride and ego.

Ainge ankle injury in '06 was at SCar the week before LSU in Neyland.

Worst QB draw call in Coach Cut's career. Without that call we go 11-1. Should've been 12-0.

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty sure the year was 2009 when the Ohio Bobcats came to play us in Knoxville. Lots of torrential rain that day so I bought a couple of really nice parkas for the walk to and from stadium. I had seats in those "box" sections you see in the concourse as you start into the lower bowl so I knew I'd be dry and comfy once I made it inside Neyland seated underneath upper level.

Not so fast. There was a water leak from underneath the upper level that dripped on me the entire game. Literally every ten seconds 'plop plop plop." Had to wear parka with the hood up the entire time.

To make it even worse the drip landed right
on my head if I raised my head to look at the
field. After that experience I totally understood how effective dripping water could be as a war torture device.

If all of that wasn't enough, there was a guy dressed like Larry the Cable guy -- no shirt
and overalls -- in my section calling out
defensive coverages and dissecting every offensive play. Every single penalty called on Tennessee was the "worst call ever made" and this dude made sure we all knew it. Oh, and he had coached "plenty of ball" to know he was right about everything. Plus, sitting
only a few seats away from me, he was
completely dry.

To cap it all off just right, at some point in the second half the PA announced that if you were parked at a certain location, the water was rapidly rising and flooding was likely. Left
the game early in fear that with my luck that
day my car had floated away already. Car was fine but did have to drive through water raging over top of a bridge to get back home.

All said, it prolly wouldn't have been as bad if I didn't have to listen to Larry the Cable guy
That was Dobbs4heisman

VN Store

Back