Worley vs. SC

Believe me I understand where you're coming from but I refuse to believe that a team of freshman and sophomore's is expected to sustain the success we had in the first half last night and beat one of the best Alabama defenses ever with Matt Simms and just in case you haven't noticed Trent Richardson runs through everybody not just us

On that TD Richardson ran up the middle from the 10, it looked like he ran in there and stopped at the 8 and ate an sandwich and then ran on in for the score. Embarrassing.

Reactions: 2 people
BPV, McCarron isn't half-bad, he made some very good plays last night.

On topic of the OP.

I honestly hope that Simms is starting against USC, Worley is not ready for the type of pass rush that USC presents.

Simms gives us the best chance to win, it just happens to be that our chances with are slim.

On that TD Richardson ran up the middle from the 10, it looked like he ran in there and stopped at the 8 and ate an sandwich and then ran on in for the score. Embarrassing.

I completely agree not disputing that. Shameful defense on that play

So did CDD give any hint yet on whether Worley with get the start or at least see substantial minutes against Carolina?

I hope Worley takes advantage of this opportunity. Any 2nd string QB is 1 play away from being a starter so even if he is #2 next year he has to be ready to go. Sitting behind Simms the rest of this year is no good to the experience he needs next year to be ready.

Burnt redshirt.....an absolute waste. He will not double the production of Simms.....He is a freshman with no experience. SC has one of the best defenses in the country. Worley is not ready for that.

He is far more ready than Simms would be, so go away game COCK.... you only wish we would play Simms against you next week :rock:

Can't be any worse....and it will much more interesting for a few series anyway.

On topic of the OP.

I honestly hope that Simms is starting against USC, Worley is not ready for the type of pass rush that USC presents.

But, but, but...Simms isn't either...

Burnt redshirt.....an absolute waste. He will not double the production of Simms.....He is a freshman with no experience. SC has one of the best defenses in the country. Worley is not ready for that.
Nance has received no mention in the time since Bray was injured. This seems to indicate he didn't have the athleticism, the head, or both.

Now that's funny right there :eek:lol:

I think Worley will start. Why start Simms when you know what you get with him? It's at home, we can't score with Simms, so that points to Worley being the guy. We'll find out during the week if he's taking the one snaps. I saw where someone said Simms gives us our best chance to win. Not sure what QB you've been watching. He is literally, statistically, the worst QB we've put out there in....at least my lifetime. I thought that the first snap last year and it hasn't changed. Luckily for us Bray was more than ready as a freshman and got us to a bowl. Let's hope Worley is good enough to do the same this year. Would love the extra practice time. Unless of course Dooley could hit the recruiting trail and land 7 more studs. I think we have a good chance of hanging with SC and pulling off the upset.

Oh, another thing. Worley will be more mobile than Simms. I think Tiny Richardson is more mobile than Simms. My gosh, has any QB stood still more than that guy, with an end rushing right at him? Wow, bugs me still today.

If only we had a coach who knew how to manage quarterbacks as well as yours.

Reactions: 4 people
then why the heck did UT give him a scolly?

darickmikeshard.jpg

That great D let Georgia hang 42 on them. Thats almost laughable. People are freakin out over our D and we held the dawgs to 20.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Now that's funny right there :eek:lol:

Carolina's not Alabama on defense, but they are 7th in the nation in total defense, 1st in passing defense, 19th in scoring defense and tied for 2nd in turnovers gained.

Not exactly chopped liver.

Carolina is 53rd in rushing defense. I thought UT ran the ball pretty well against Alabama last night, so I imagine they will continue to run it and pitch it to the tight end this weekend.

On topic of the OP.

But, but, but...Simms isn't either...

Ya that bray guy last year wasn't ready either. Man he really stunk it up out there

VN Store

Back