Worley ranked 13th - SEC Qaurterbacks

If I had to pick them for my team:

1. Marshall- Dynamic with the ball, not a great passer but on this sorry list that's all it takes

2. Thompson- Solid and reliable, won't lose you the game, but not outstanding

3. Prescott- Don't get the hype, had one great game but mediocre outside of that

4. Wallace- Makes a lot of plays, makes a lot of mistakes, could be the best if he cuts down on the latter

5. Driskel- Big drop off from above, but he had a solid freshmen year and the new system could help

6. Mason- Fairly unproven but wasn't disastrous in his starts, still don't think he'll be more than average and could definitely see Ramsey taking over mid-year

7. Mauk- Kinda like Wallace, high risk, high reward, but with no playmakers this year how will he fare?

8. Sims/ Coker- Neither separating raises makes you wonder but Saban QBs will at worst be steady or they won't be Saban QBs for long

9. Hill- Unproven, but sounds like he's got some potential as a dual threat

10. Worley- Has yet to be great at any moment, but hopefully he can get the ball to the weapons we have. If he's slightly above average his numbers will look REALLY good.

11. Harris/ Jennings- with LSU's RBs i doubt too much is put on the winner for much of the season, but they'll have to be at least competent or else LSU could have a season like '05 UT
12. Towles- Big arm, but struggled as a true freshmen, which doesn't mean he sucks, but until he proves otherwise he's this low.

13. Robinette- somewhat mobile, but very unimpressive in his action last year

14. Allen- worst of the worst in a putrid year for SEC QBs. Just awful

Driskel at 3???? I think not!
Worley just needs to prove it on the field, which he will do!
More bulletin board material for the O line!

I certainly wouldn't rank Thompson that high. However, I do agree that Prescott is grossly overrated.

Actually, Worley is ranked 15th. Bama and LSU's backups are also ranked higher. What a friggin joke!:loco:

Yeah they don't even know which is going to start but apparently both arw better. They could have ranked them.separately if they wantes somewhere and it would have been fine.
Worley will get comeback poy he won't be awesome but he will finish in top half. Sone of those guys hasn't even played. Simms was always dog poop even Bama fans tell me "If Simms starts were in trouble"

ESPN, BR, Yahoo, Talking heads all just feed the fans (because they pay the bills) so they have incredibly short term memories, they forget how Auburn went from awful to National Championship game, that Mizzou was middle of the road, got a couple play makers on D and some good receivers with steady QB and bam catch Florida down, UGA injured like crazy and UT completely depleted of talent and they look like the best in the East.

Someone mentioned above, all Worley needs is time from the line to get it to our WR's RB's and TE's. Lane was put at WR for a while, Hurd caught everything coming and going in HS and Spring ball, and TE will finally be useful for us again. Hopefully his camps and workouts at the Manning academy and with the QB Guru guy help his feet and eyes and he can just deliver, if so he's got the opportunity to move himself up the list to the top 3 or 4 guys with the amount of yards, completions and TD's he can rack up with our WR's.

I would be willing to bet that he won't be below 7 at the end of the season.

Reactions: 1 person
Do you really think all that a QB does is throw a football? That's like saying all a race car driver does it turn a steering wheel. :crazy:

He played mop up against you. You said he had a career day... and your response makes even less sense than your original comment.

Oh, I guess his 3 rushes for 12 yards is what pushed him over the top for that career day, right? :D

Didn't look 13th last night
No he did not. I'd have to see the QB ratings of all to be sure, but after week 1 in my head and after the games I saw Kenny Hill clearly was the #1 SEC QB. I'd go with the Bammer QB as #2 and Worley #3, Auburn backup #4. Ole Miss's Wallace just bad, 3 picks in the first half.

For what team 118 needs from QB, protect the FB, Worley was flawless.

If he can build on last night it should be an awesome year for him. He was vastly more mobile than last year.

Reactions: 1 person
Worley was good last night but, let's be candid, most of his throws were easy. We threw at least 10 screens, and nearly all the other completions were short throws. All fine but it's not like he was winging it around. When we did try to throw it downfield, we were way off. Worley manages the team well and is a competent short- to mid-range passer. Let's see if he can do more than that. The problem is that in college football today, a lot of QBs are mobile and elusive and create a lot of problems for defenses. When you don't have a QB like that, you can be at a disadvantage from the get-go and need to be strong in other areas--defense, running game, etc. We've got some good receivers--let's see if we can make good use of them.

Worley was good last night but, let's be candid, most of his throws were easy. We threw at least 10 screens, and nearly all the other completions were short throws. All fine but it's not like he was winging it around. When we did try to throw it downfield, we were way off. Worley manages the team well and is a competent short- to mid-range passer. Let's see if he can do more than that. The problem is that in college football today, a lot of QBs are mobile and elusive and create a lot of problems for defenses. When you don't have a QB like that, you can be at a disadvantage from the get-go and need to be strong in other areas--defense, running game, etc. We've got some good receivers--let's see if we can make good use of them.

Other than a few missed deep balls he did everything asked of him. He had 13 completions in a row! He was mobile in the pocket and used his feet well. He was accurate on all but the deepest of passes. He was in command of the huddle and was poised. I was a big detractor of Worley's but that was a great performance last night.

Reactions: 4 people
They were the same throws that he missed last year. I thought he was just about perfect. Played within the system.

Justin just seemed to keep getting a little better each week last year. I expect that to continue as he improves with experience, which should but him in the top 4 or 5 by season's end. If he makes it higher than that we'll be in a good bowl game instead of just a bowl game.

Worley easily propelled himself into the top half of that list after his performance on Sunday. It was nearly flawless. In fact, he had two bad drops and one 50/50 drop among his throws.

If he performs at that level in the SEC, seven wins will come easy for Team 118.

Worley easily propelled himself into the top half of that list after his performance on Sunday. It was nearly flawless. In fact, he had two bad drops and one 50/50 drop among his throws.

If he performs at that level in the SEC, seven wins will come easy for Team 118.

Statistically, Worley was the 6th best QB in the SEC this week.

Granted, most of his completions were short passes but what I noticed was virtually all the passes hit the receiver in stride. The one to Josh Smith for 38 yds was possible for that reason. There were several others but this is different from what he was doing last year. It seems now that he is more comfortable with the offense it looks like his high school highlights with the quick passes.

VN Store

Back