World 100-meter champ Christian Coleman suspended for missing drug tests

Who wants to be constantly tested during this damn virus? They aren't even having any track meets/races?

Yeah, following them on their location seems alot easier option if athletes permit them... than manually entering your every move into an app.

I am convinced there are ZERO clean sprinters on earth.

Well...maybe THIS one...

1160d4f0a741ecdb6d8748d5b894cb91.gif

Fire Pruitt!!!!

* just felt like somebody should say it😂

With all the various problems* that come with testing athletes, it seems like it'd be a lot easier to just let everybody do what they want. Then there are no scandals marring the sport and as spectators, we get the fastest humans possible. It makes too much sense.

*successful cheating, false positives, $ and resources wasted, corruption, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volle
Coleman has stated the he was never called or informed of the test they just showed up when he wasn't home.
That's how they do it. No advance notice.

In one of the documentaries about Lance Armstrong he's being interviewed at home with his family during breakfast and there's a knock at the door. It was for a drug test and he went ballistic.

With all the various problems* that come with testing athletes, it seems like it'd be a lot easier to just let everybody do what they want. Then there are no scandals marring the sport and as spectators, we get the fastest humans possible. It makes too much sense.

*successful cheating, false positives, $ and resources wasted, corruption, etc.

I always wanted two separate leagues. Non-PED league and the Open PED use league.

That's how they do it. No advance notice.

In one of the documentaries about Lance Armstrong he's being interviewed at home with his family during breakfast and there's a knock at the door. It was for a drug test and he went ballistic.
So if you're not at home how in the hell can they suspend him for a missed test

So if you're not at home how in the hell can they suspend him for a missed test

The AIU said it will not comment on the specifics of an ongoing case, but added in a statement that its drug control officers were specifically asked not to call athletes as it “provides an opportunity for evasion or other improper conduct which can limit the efficacy of testing.

“However athletes included in the World Athletics International Registered Testing Pool must provide a 60-minute time slot (at any time between 5am and 11pm) and a specific location where they will be available for testing on any given date. Athletes are accountable for a missed test if they are not available at the specific location they have chosen for that one hour period.”

World 100m champion Christian Coleman told shopping no excuse for missed test

PED Use Is Rampant in ALL Sports. We just hear about the few that get caught. If you want to compete these days, you have no choice; unless you are A Herschel Walker.

I know zero about this case and how its done/not done etc. but I do know I worked in a career that unannounced mandatory drug testing was an ABSOLUTE MUST. Everything from liability to job performance at the top (it could have been life or death situations) was a major issue. I can not recall one incident where the person protested/tried to lawyer up/leave the premises etc where that person didn't test hot!. Not once. Of course I hope the best works out for Justin especially for his health. Its hard to know the truth these days and some of the most vocal people in the past eventually turned out to be hotter than a firecracker.

The AIU said it will not comment on the specifics of an ongoing case, but added in a statement that its drug control officers were specifically asked not to call athletes as it “provides an opportunity for evasion or other improper conduct which can limit the efficacy of testing.

“However athletes included in the World Athletics International Registered Testing Pool must provide a 60-minute time slot (at any time between 5am and 11pm) and a specific location where they will be available for testing on any given date. Athletes are accountable for a missed test if they are not available at the specific location they have chosen for that one hour period.”

World 100m champion Christian Coleman told shopping no excuse for missed test

Why would anyone choose to live like that? I don't even think parolees have to make themselves available an hour a day every day.

Coleman has stated the he was never called or informed of the test they just showed up when he wasn't home.
Ummm... Isn't that why it's called Random Drug Testing? And something that he agreed to abide by if he wanted to included in sanctioned races.

A couple things to note: This has been the reality for him for a long time. So why issues now? I've experienced this testing. It's something everyone has to deal with. If 15 year old high schoolers can manage it, so can he. I'm sure he's tested much more frequently now that he is top 3 in the world, but usually Top 100 in the world are on these lists. i had one pull me out of class in high school years ago. The testers will call you and come find you if you aren't where you say you are. It's not like they ring the doorbell and slap you with a missed test if you're not there. I don't think he will get anywhere making enemies with testing orgs. They trump pretty much everyone and hang their hat on the purity of sport. Makes it hard to argue with them.

Second, PED is rampant in high revenue sports. More aerobic sports, its really not. The money doesn't justify the risk and most athletes in high levels in those sports just love it. If they were trying to get rich they would have played football. This is evident in track, where sprinters are usually the ones caught. They stand to lose the most. Everyone loves watching sprints. Noone cares about the 5K.

Hope he gets it sorted out and doesn't miss races. In my opinion, he's clean and is just sick of his newfound attention. I've never experienced fame like that, but this seems like part of the hassle that comes with it. He flies and love seeing him and Gatlin race.

VN Store

Back