Willie Taggart

He is 16-20 at WKU... If we were gonna do that we would be better off keeping Dooley.

I would take this guy over strong, smart, jumbo.

I think this guy is a star.

Lmfao..omg thats funny. His team has gone to $hitthe at the end of the year and knows nothing about recruiting in the SEC and against the big boys. Damn I needed that, thanks dude.

And he took over wku when they were a division 2 school

This year he lost to Louisiana Monroe, Middle Tennessee, Florida Atlantic, and got run out of the stadium against Alabama... Is that who you want as our next coach?

Seems your laughing at all coaches. Who is your choice then? They are no perfect coaches but there are thousands and thousands of delusional fans.

I'm not saying WT doesn't have potential but to suggest him over the other 3 mentioned is just stupid.

And he took over wku when they were a division 2 school

This is false.

They hired him a few years into being a D1 school. I went to school there. WKU started D1 transition in 06, and moved into D1 independent status in 08. They officially joined Sunbelt in 2009. Taggart joined in 2010

He's done well. Sun Belt isn't great but his team plays very sound football.

The problem with that is, he's not gonna be getting a great hand dealt here either.

The circumstances he inherited at Miami were much worse. However, Miami would beat UT 6 out of 10 times this year.... And they return 20 starters for his third year.

He's taken a program that was 0-24 as a BCS school and now has them qualified for a bowl for 2nd year straight. Guy is going to be special.

Reactions: 1 person
This is false.

They hired him a few years into being a D1 school. I went to school there. WKU started D1 transition in 06, and moved into D1 independent status in 08. They officially joined Sunbelt in 2009. Taggart joined in 2010

He's done well. Sun Belt isn't great but his team plays very sound football.

Check it before you wreck it ho

Lmfao..omg thats funny. His team has gone to $hitthe at the end of the year and knows nothing about recruiting in the SEC and against the big boys. Damn I needed that, thanks dude.

Jason you know nothing about Taggart and I will call you out all day on this. He has had the top 3 recruiting classes in the Sun Belt in his 3 years there and is recruiting FL like crazy. He's selling WKU and Bowling Green, KY for goodness sakes to Bradenton and Tampa kids at an unbelievable level of success.

His first week on the job he got 4* RB Rajaan Bennett from GA on campus. He ultimately signed with Vandy but to get him on campus for an OV in a week is unbelievable. He currently has a 5.7 3* OL committed who has offers from just about very SEC school. Johnathan Dowling gets kicked out of FL and ends up where? WKU. A damn 5*.

Willie spent 3-4 years at Stanford and helped assemble the teams that have given Stanford their best run in school history. If he was given the resources and a better product to sell than WKU he'd be an absolute beast on the recruiting trail. I don't want to see Taggart leave Western and I'm not sure he's ready experience wise for a UT, but I'd be willing to bet if he was named UT coach Monday we finish with a top 15 class hands down. I dont have to think twice about making that statement.

This year he lost to Louisiana Monroe, Middle Tennessee, Florida Atlantic, and got run out of the stadium against Alabama... Is that who you want as our next coach?

The same Monroe team who beat Ark and took Auburn to OT with much less talent? The same MTSU team who's going to win the Sun Belt? Please tell me you didn't use the Bama game as a measure of his success.

Only inexcusable loss is FAU.

On what planet is a program that was FBS in 2008 supposed to beat Alabama at Tuscaloosa? Some of you guys are delusional. Taggert may not be the best coach for our job, but what this guy has done in Bowling Green is nothing short of ridiculous.

Last edited:
I like CWT, but he is just not ready for the SEC yet. He needs to get WKU to a bowl or 2 first and dominate the Sun Belt for awhile and then he can look at something bigger. I don't think he is even on Hart's radar anyway. Besides, he doesn't want to "Turner Gill" his career yet.

VN Store

Back