Williams or Schofield

If what we heard was accurate with Williams playing much of last season with a nagging back injury, then if he's completely healthy he's likely to improve more. Also if he develops an outside shot he will take a step forward. Seems like Williams has more opportunities to improve vs AS who established an outside game last year?

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Williams because he's got the hardware.

I think they will be equally valuable/invaluable. Cop-out answer, I know, but I sincerely think it's too close to call...

I agree with you, I’m sure there will be some nights where one guy is better than the other but I think overall both will have similarly good seasons.

Who will have the bigger year? Personally I like Schofield.
The offense runs thru Williams, so I'll go with him. But, doesn't mean we can't have a two headed monster. Throw in Alexander, and I'm not sure who's going to have as strong a front court as us.

As long as they continue the upward curve they've been on since arriving, I'd be happy either way. Wait, how about a tie, they both improve 30 percent, or 40, or 50, or......

Reactions: NCVOL327
Those two are the reason we finished 1st and not 13th in the league. Both were way under rated! I enjoyed last season more than any previous because
they proved everyone wrong.Looking forward to see what they can do this year!!!

I think both will have big numbers, but I want Williams to have the bigger numbers year.

Admiral will get his on offense, but Williams can impact the game in more ways than Admiral due to position.

If what we heard was accurate with Williams playing much of last season with a nagging back injury, then if he's completely healthy he's likely to improve more. Also if he develops an outside shot he will take a step forward. Seems like Williams has more opportunities to improve vs AS who established an outside game last year?
This idea has some merit. You could argue that AS has reached his ceiling and that he should simply focus on maintaining. Williams, on the other hand, has many areas he can show improvement in, like shooting range, health, conditioning, etc.

He may have a higher ceiling for improvement, even if AS might actually be the better (well-rounded) player at this time.

This idea has some merit. You could argue that AS has reached his ceiling and that he should simply focus on maintaining. Williams, on the other hand, has many areas he can show improvement in, like shooting range, health, conditioning, etc.

He may have a higher ceiling for improvement, even if AS might actually be the better (well-rounded) player at this time.

Agree with everything but the possible argument AS has reached his ceiling.

Alexander. If he stays healthy he will be hard for opponents to deal with. He'll be a great rim protector allowing our defense to apply a lot of on ball and perimeter pressure. If he's a post up threat on offense that will open things up for Williams in the paint. Plus there aren't many that have the size to defend him and also be able to keep pace with him when he runs the floor. Don't forget, Alexander was a soccer player.

Williams, Schofield, and Alexander form one of the best 3-part cores of a TN roster that I've ever seen and the supporting group is collectively the best I've ever seen at UT. The only weakness might be a consistent perimeter scorer and hopefully Barnes has been fine tuning Bone, Bowden, and Turner over the last 6 months.

It's hard to pick either Schofield or Williams. Williams can be the go to scorer that we haven't seen much of lately... maybe since Tobias left. Admiral is a leader that's also a glue guy. AS does many things well on the court and is maybe as good of a leader that's been there since Devoe was the coach.

Agree with everything but the possible argument AS has reached his ceiling.
I knew that might draw some potential ire. Likely poor wording on my part. Obviously, he can improve in all areas, so saying he's reached his ceiling isn't necessarily accurate. More like he has unlocked most of his tools, which William's has maybe yet to do.

I knew that might draw some potential ire. Likely poor wording on my part. Obviously, he can improve in all areas, so saying he's reached his ceiling isn't necessarily accurate. More like he has unlocked most of his tools, which William's has maybe yet to do.
10-4, Williams also has the best opportunity to fill the 2nd biggest need. And if Admiral has an off night we have more guys to step up at that spot.

But going back to Schofields ceiling, he just needs to be as consistent as he was the second half of last year. I’d love to see him give more effort off the boards. He has that in him.

Last edited:
Admiral is probably the biggest match up problem for defenses.
If Grant can improve his passing and outside shot, watch out. He’s likely going to draw more double teams, so his court awareness has to go up. Kyle and those guys need to be ready to cut hard to the hoop. I can’t imagine Barnes isn’t working on this.

I think both will get their points. The difference on their impact on the team is who will be most effective on defense.

Schofield can hit the outside shot and drive from the 3 point line. Williams has the quickness with back to the basket to work inside. I see them both at the foul line a lot. Whoever gets the most touches will have the best season. Looking forward to watching.

VN Store

Back