will we have to go with Guarantano to run the ball

I'm worried he will break. I think Dobbs was a freak because any normal qb would have probably gotten injured doing the stuff he did.

We are not going to be as good offensively this year, even with an improved offensive line, as we are not as good at RB and with Dormady willl not have the run threat at QB. We will need a good passing game.

Reactions: 1 person
I saw what you just did.

I'm not onto spelling, but I am on to you.
good, better buckle up ..it will be a good season..i can not wait till it starts..i have some ideas that are extra special. i am sure you will love it.

I saw what you just did.

I'm not onto spelling, but I am on to you.

Yeah, I saw him spell it correctly and then change it too.
Lol, you have to give him credit though, I couldn't imagine having entire conversations while trying to stay in character. Especially multiple characters. I have no clue what purpose it could possibly serve, but I still appreciate the work.
Danke.

good, better buckle up ..it will be a good season..i can not wait till it starts..i have some ideas that are extra special. i am sure you will love it.

I'd put money on "forgiven" not being around for season.

I've watched football for 40 years and the only guys I've seen who ran better than Dobbs were Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, and Lamar Jackson. And Dobbs was the most durable QB I've ever seen play.

Saying Dormady can scoot is a joke. He can't. Guarantano is elusive, but rail thin.

Either Dormady is as accurate as advertised, or hopefully Guarantano survives a year throwing a bit while improvising the run.

To expect a Dobbs replay on any level running it is a dream.

That is my estimated QB this season.
I hate to bring him up, but there was a guy at Fla. a few years back who was fairly durable. He couldn't run with Dobbs (speed) but he was durable.

Lol, you have to give him credit though, I couldn't imagine having entire conversations while trying to stay in character. Especially multiple characters. I have no clue what purpose it could possibly serve, but I still appreciate the work.
Danke.

Yea, I think it's two people working together and that's where the mistakes come from. Neither are committed and that's why they suck. Jmo. :)

Yea, I think it's two people working together and that's where the mistakes come from. Neither are committed and that's why they suck. Jmo. :)

Idk, I've watched sjt go on multiple rants, in a couple of different threads, against people who don't really exist, it's kind of entertaining. :)

Danke.
the answer my be simple ..i am not a good speller and the guy with the dog and a Tennessee hat on act crazy some times ...he thinks i am some kind of troll ...so i just play along with him for fun.. because that is what he wants..

Guarantano can make you miss better and is stronger . he can run through arm tackles. Dromedy is a under rated runner, but my get banged up trying

Neither you nor anyone else on here knows what JG can or can't do. He's barely 200 lbs so why should we expect him to run through arm tackles? Dobbs was a special running quarterback and I think we're making a huge mistake if we think JG is Dobbs 2.0 in that regard.

From pretty much all reports, JG has a stronger, more accurate arm than Josh, but there's much more to playing quarterback than having a strong arm. If the spring game is any indication, JG is still a bit ansy and indecisive in the pocket, whereas QD looked calm and comfortable, the game looked slowed down to him as opposed to JG.

I just couldn't disagree more with your thread/posts here.

Neither you nor anyone else on here knows what JG can or can't do. He's barely 200 lbs so why should we expect him to run through arm tackles? Dobbs was a special running quarterback and I think we're making a huge mistake if we think JG is Dobbs 2.0 in that regard.

From pretty much all reports, JG has a stronger, more accurate arm than Josh, but there's much more to playing quarterback than having a strong arm. If the spring game is any indication, JG is still a bit ansy and indecisive in the pocket, whereas QD looked calm and comfortable, the game looked slowed down to him as opposed to JG.

the true freshman has a stronger arm of the 3 OBs . that is what the QB coach said. called him a gun slinger

players on the team say JG can fly , super fast

Nothing wrong with speculation to pass the time, but all this is entirely speculative.

We will find out when the season starts based on actual game experience. We are told by the coaches that they are very close and competing at a pretty high level.

Quite often, you never know how a guy will perform under game situations until they are asked to take charge of the offense. So many concerns and questions will be answered in a few short weeks.

Dormady has an edge in that he has seen the field, but he hasn't seen it in primetime, only in backup duties. But he looked very good in those instances. I'm reminded of a TD throw he made rolling right under pressure and delivering an excellent spiral for a score. JG might be every bit as good with his skills, but it's all speculative at this point.

Did we suspect Tee Martin was going to be as effective as he was before he took over as starter in 97? Of course not. But it will be incumbent on the OL to finally perform well to offer both of these guys maximum support, both pass blocking and run blocking.

we had to go to a running QB in the past to have a good running game. will history repeat

Was last year not a repeat of the many "running QB" that we have had is the past?

Yes.

Will we have a "running QB" in the future?

Most likely yes.

Never again, doesn't sound right.

We don't have to go with JG to run the ball.

Was last year not a repeat of the many "running QB" that we have had is the past?

Yes.

Will we have a "running QB" in the future?

Most likely yes.

Never again, doesn't sound right.

We don't have to go with JG to run the ball.
may be, may be not

VN Store

Back