Will We Ever Have A Running Backs Coach?

Arclight

A guy that is dedicated to only coaching RBs.
Bama and LSU have RB coaches.

How can we compete on their level w/o the RB coach ?

Our RBs need the instruction!

Its a must for 2012. Along with an OC that can coach QBs, and uh somebody that can teach 330lb linemen to knock somebody on their arse.:rock:

Reactions: 1 person
Wrong. Hinshaw hasnt done anything to deserve getting canned. If we find a OC/ QB coach, Hinshaw can coach running backs. Hinshaw, Russell and Baggett have all earned a pass as far as Im concerned. Chaney doesnt have the background of coordinating a running game. He and Hiestand should go if changes are made.

Wrong. Hinshaw hasnt done anything to deserve getting canned. If we find a OC/ QB coach, Hinshaw can coach running backs. Hinshaw, Russell and Baggett have all earned a pass as far as Im concerned. Chaney doesnt have the background of coordinating a running game. He and Hiestand should go if changes are made.

Nobody said "Hinshaw deserves to be fired", its a matter of practicality. Get rid of Chaney, get rid of Hiestand, and we still have a problem.... no RB coach. Unless of course the new OC actually knows how to coach the backs. I dont think thats Chaney's job anyway, he;s a friggin lineman, what can you expect.

Reactions: 1 person
Chaney and Hiestand have pretty impressive resumes.
Thats what is hard to understand, how they arent doing better.

We need a RB coach in a bad way

Yeah we do. I just hope that we get an OC who CAN also coach running backs. Unless JW wants to coach DBs and we only go with 3 coaches on the defensive side. Im not sure thats a good idea either.

Hinshaw coached RBs at MTSU, FWIW.

And Sirmon, Baggett, Thompson, Hinshaw, Russell, and Wilcox are untouchable right now IMO.

Chaney and Hiestand have pretty impressive resumes.
Thats what is hard to understand, how they arent doing better.

Im not sure that Chaney has any reputation of coordinating a run first offense, Willing to give HH a little bit more of a pass. After watching Alabama stick with Barrett Jones last night after he was clearly injured instead of going with Cyrus A. the number one OL recruit in the country last year; it dawned on me that maybe experience really does mean something.

What is Hinshaw doing?
I thought he was the QB coach.

If Chaney is coaching Qbs then Hinshaw SHOULD go and we should hire a legit RB coach. Would prefer Graham but wouldnt be mad about Napier from the recruiting standpoint.

Last edited:
Chaneys resume goes back to the dark ages. He is long ago done ! 1959 style of coaching. Needs to coach horse shoes !!! Would make an excellent pe teacher in a high school some where.

What is Hinshaw doing?
I thought he was the QB coach.

I'm not sure. I only know what I posted because it came up on the pre-game show before we went into the stadium. Someone asked about a RB coach, and Kessling or Priest addressed it and stated my previous post. The didn't address Hinshaw.

I agree with you though. I thought Hinshaw was the QB coach. (He is on paper.) Maybe they both work with the QBs.

no never...u hit the nail on the head..we will be strait trash until we hire all new coaches...i wish we could just raise the iq of all the Tennessee fans..Rome was not built over night

Last edited:
If Chaney is coaching Qbs then Hinshaw SHOULD go and we should hire a legit RB coach. Would prefer Graham but wouldnt be mad about Napier from the recruiting standpoint.

I'm not sure. I only know what I posted because it came up on the pre-game show before we went into the stadium. Someone asked about a RB coach, and Kessling or Priest addressed it and stated my previous post. The didn't address Hinshaw.

I agree with you though. I thought Hinshaw was the QB coach. (He is on paper.) Maybe they both work with the QBs.

I see Bray/'Worley always talking to Hinshaw before they go in, but he's not the one calling the plays it's Chaney.
Just seems like the OC should be the QB coach, but I know Hinshaw is the better QB coach, he actually was a pretty good Div 1 QB at one time.

It seems like we have two styles of offense.
One the I formation run game, then the spread offense passing game.

I think we would better to run and pass out of the same formation. UT always seems to telegraph the run plays by lining up in the I-formation. If they would play action pass out of that formation it might be an option.

VN Store

Back