Will Spurrier retire if SC is 6-6 or worse?

He'll be like all these old guard coaches, He'll over stay his welcome first. It's not meant as a slam I think it's just part of how they are wired which makes them great coaches in the first place. They live FB, always think they're one season away, and don't know what else to do.

Reactions: 1 person
Why would he ever retire when a school is willing to pay him 7 figures a year?

They won't can him I'm sure it's a his deCision deal. BesIdes who could they get? Steve is the best thing that happened to Sc in some time

They won't can him I'm sure it's a his deCision deal. BesIdes who could they get? Steve is the best thing that happened to Sc in some time

Sssssteve Ssssspurrier is the best thing that EVER happened to South Carolina. They were worser than worse than Candybilt. The 'Real True Doormat' of the SEC. Sure, they had a leprechan drop in on them for a while, but the rainbow with a pot of gold didn't appear in the Carolina sky till they hired that ol' snake in the grass.

Gawd ah luv football trash talk!

I believe he thinking that GT running a more modern offense with a new coach will get them more recruits who might have went to Georgia thus weakening UGA.

A stronger GT hurts UT more than UGA IMO. There's a ton of GA recruits and UGA can only get so many and they'll continue to get their's and GT is getting hardly any so they're looking to places like UT, UA, AU etc. Give them another home option and they look less to us.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
When Steve Spurrier retires CFB will lose one of it's greatest ever coaches. Love him, hate him, or don't care one way or the other; it's undeniable he's built two collegiate powerhouse football programs in his lifetime. True Hall of (de)Famer, world record vizor stomper and headphone flinger should have everyones respect as a great developer of talent and gameday coach.

this..all day long.

College football will be less with the OBC gone.

Georgia Tech can't recruit like an SEC school, and never will. Their academic standards will forever prevent them from coming anywhere close to fielding an SEC caliber team. Coach PJ staying or leaving will have Zero effect on us much less UGA. It has nothing to do with the style of the offense.

I hope they beat Georgia. Doubtful, but I still hope.

He'll be like all these old guard coaches, He'll over stay his welcome first. It's not meant as a slam I think it's just part of how they are wired which makes them great coaches in the first place. They live FB, always think they're one season away, and don't know what else to do.

And it's not long after they leave football that they pass. Not all do but some.

Spurrier would make the perfect replacement for Lee Corso.

No!!! No!!! No!!!

Your idea is good but not good enough. Spurrier and Mike Leach should team up for a Prime Time Friday night live show on one of the major networks, shot it from a sunny beach in Florida. We'll call the show, we'll call the show...hummm...well...we'll call the show...we'll call the show "Two Men and F You""

BYOB

I'll get my corn from a jar.

VN Store

Back